Ground Fog - Guide

Sorry to jump in on your thread here Andrew but would anybody know if it is possible to change the color of the sky to have a reddish tint to it to add to the fog? I think it would go great with this...

Sorry to jump in on your thread here Andrew but would anybody know if it is possible to change the color of the sky to have a reddish tint to it to add to the fog? I think it would go great with this...
Just editing the sky, that is a bit difficult, but making the overall game have a tint like that, might be possible

Could someone please comment if I have done this right? :confused:

1) Should the fog.sqs file be in a folder or is this correct?
fog_1.jpg

2) Have I pasted the lines in the mission.sqm correctly, I have added class Item2?
(if not, could someone tell me which lines to delete or change?)
Code:
        class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
        class Item2
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6288.5488,304.98645,7825.8896};
                    id=3;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="[this,10000,10000, 7, 19] exec ""fog.sqs""";
                };
            };
        };

3) I have also changed the class Groups Items from 2 to 3 as I am using method two here to have fog in the center of the map. Is this correct?
Code:
    class Groups
    {
        items=3;
        class Item0
        {

Thank you all for your patience and time with us new beginners.

Attachments

• fog_2.jpg
    fog_2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 124
  • fog_3.JPG
    fog_3.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 117
Everything seems to be in order...you getting errors?

No errors.. just hangs with a black screen saying, "wait for host".

Edit: Re uploaded mission.pbo to server and it still hangs at black screen saying, "wait for host".

It looks like your first pbo edit, are you using a pbo manager or something similar for repacking the pbos? If you are and still get errors post again.. But that all looks good. Also try changing id=3 to id=1, but i doubt that would fix it.. But still let me know of any more problems after you have tried these things

Other maps seem to be a bit glitchy, did you follow all the steps? If you have maybe post your files like done above, also you might want to put fog points because it doesnt look the best on hills, or mountains like taviana

Hi, could you look into my files? I dont get it to work.

fog.sqs http://pastebin.com/T07eciS7
mission.sqm http://pastebin.com/EpMCSLzS

I changed the time to 8pm - 10pm (20:00 - 22:00)
Hope you see the error!

you have the wrong format for the night fog.. change your fog.sqs to this for night/any time setting to work
Code:
_Center = _this select 0
_dist1=_this select 1
_dist2= _this select 2

?(count _this > 3):_endNight=_this select 3;_startNight=_this select 4; goto "nighttest"
?(count _this == 3):goto "bigloop"

#nighttest
_hours = Date select 3
?((_hours>=_endNight) && (_hours<_startNight)): goto "waittoactivate"

#bigloop
@(Player distance _Center)<_dist2
_i=0
#loop
_height=-0.3
_Rradius=180
_Cloudalpha=1
?((Player distance _Center)>_dist1):_Cloudalpha= 1-(((Player distance _Center) - _dist1)/(_dist2- _dist1))
_radius=(random 10)+random _Rradius
_angle=(random 360)
_size = 5
_col = 1
_CC=[_col,_col,_col,.3*_Cloudalpha]
drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 8+random 1,8+random 1,  [(getpos Player select 0)+_radius*(sin(_angle)),(getpos Player select 1)+_radius*(cos(_angle)),_height],[0,0,0],5 , 0.2, 0.1568, 0,[_size], [[_col,_col,_col,0],_CC,_CC,_CC,_CC,_CC,_CC,[_col,_col,_col,0]], [0],0,0,"", "",""]
_i=_i+1
?(_i<1800):goto "loop"
~1
?(count _this == 3): goto "bigloop"
goto "nighttest"

That should fix the fog.sqs file.. then look at your mission.sqm and replace these lines (a bit of code error)

Code:
        class Item1
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={708.96582,35.858719,3533.1272};
                    id=50;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="FunctionsManager";
                    leader=1;
                    lock="UNLOCKED";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
            };
        };
        class Item2
        {
            side="LOGIC";
            class Vehicles
            {
                items=1;
                class Item0
                {
                    position[]={6288.5488,304.98645,7825.8896};
                    id=1;
                    side="LOGIC";
                    vehicle="Logic";
                    leader=1;
                    skill=0.60000002;
                    init="[this,10000,10000, 22, 20] exec ""fog.sqs""";
                };
            };
        };
    };
    class Markers

replace that with the spot where fog should be in the mission.sqm starting with functions manager.. then ending with fog,
noting that you need to use military time if you are dealing with PM so it would be 20 as 8 and 22 as 10 instead of 8 and 10 like you used.. that would make morning fog. Also to note I switched the times around so its the later time first then the starting time. It should work, but if not just change it around so it works for you!

That should be everything.. good luck, let me know if it works

Hi Thanks for your help, changed the things now the server gets stuck at wait for host.
RPTlog:
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1171: Config: '[' encountered instead of '{'

do what it says then, change the [ to { where needed, post your line 1171 if you dont know what to change

I hate my comunity, i loved it but my players hated it... Well the majority did, it looke really nice on flat areas but once you got a bit hight it was just smoke grenades all over the place.

I hate my comunity, i loved it but my players hated it... Well the majority did, it looke really nice on flat areas but once you got a bit hight it was just smoke grenades all over the place.
I know, some people don't like the new idea of it.. :( I want to try to have it spawn randomly every once and awhile during the night, like for 10 mins at a time.. a bit of a compromise. But I am working on other things so that really isn't up there on my list

I know, some people don't like the new idea of it.. :( I want to try to have it spawn randomly every once and awhile during the night, like for 10 mins at a time.. a bit of a compromise. But I am working on other things so that really isn't up there on my list
It would be great if it was working properly and you could just get it randomly for 10 minutes at night time as you said but right now i had to remove it my players were not happy for it. But i guess if you play celle its pretty good because it so flat.

Back