Hackers can spawn *Banned* Vehicles, admins can't...

Everytime when someone asks the question "How to spawn banned vehicles" - someone else tells him that its not possible to have them without @rMod client side, then followed by comments like "why not using @rMod, it's only few kilobytes, easy to install etc."
Actually I don't have problems using @rMod and I tried it for a while, but my player base dropped ~80-90%. Most players don't know what is "rMod" and how to install it, my friends asked me what it is and "is it something to eat?" literally.

I heard that some servers (especially hosted at dayz st) now can spawn banned vehicles that can be used without @rMod installed client side (you don't need @rMod to join the server, but you can see all spawned *banned* vehicles).

Yesterday hacker spawned a "Tank" and drove it around in my vanilla DayZ server (Chernarus, NO rMod or any other mods). I'm using Reality, @dayz 1.7.6, beta client 102285, my server is not managed.

I took a screenshot:

dayz_tank_screen.jpg

This "tank" doesn't have DB entry of course and after restart disappeared.

I tried to add the same tank model to my DB plus few other models:

vehicle table:

vehicle_db_screen.jpg

world_vehicle table:

world_vehicle_screen.jpg

Then I spawned the new vehicles with "db_spawn_vehicles.pl" script
The new entries appeared on the map:

map_tank_screen.jpg

But when I started the server, my "arma2oaserver.RPT" showed that the new vehicles are not created:

Code:
9:44:27 "OBJ: 863 - M1A2_TUSK_MG"
9:44:27 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A2_TUSK_MG (scope = private?)
9:44:27 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A2_TUSK_MG,

9:44:27 "OBJ: 866 - ArmoredSUV_PMC"
9:44:27 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ArmoredSUV_PMC/
9:44:27 Cannot create entity with abstract type ArmoredSUV_PMC (scope = private?)
9:44:27 Cannot create non-ai vehicle ArmoredSUV_PMC,

9:44:27 "OBJ: 882 - M1A1"
9:44:27 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A1 (scope = private?)
9:44:27 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A1,

and when I get to the place where the new vehicles are supposed to be - I see nothing (of course).

So why hackers are able to spawn such vehicles but admins can't do it if they want?

I've seen all kinds of tutorials - adding AI's, Heli taxi transports/lifts, Anomalies, HALO jumps, adding objects, base building, effects etc... i don't want to sound like whiner but something that is natural for Arma SEEMS like it can't be done...

I have the feeling that this is the "greatest kept secret" among dayz hosters/admins. There are rumors that some servers already have this feature (like dayz st), but nobody speaks about it and how is done.

It would be so much better if we can decide for our own servers which vehicles can spawn without having restrictions, because this restrictions currently affecting only the server admins, not the hackers.

If a hacker can spawn such a vehicle (tank), driving it, getting people to ride and everyone can see it (in vanilla dayz without rmod) - that means its possible to be done (legit way) server side.
The question is where do I have to look (which files should be edited, do I need to run additional server side mod etc) and can somebody help me to do it, or at least to confirm that its possible but too complicated to explain?

Come on guys... let's reveal that dark mystery.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! (not only by me for sure)

---

Hackers generally spawn these using a remote exec hack, which executes a script server side (after the server is up and running) meaning after the server has loaded all of it's stuff. An admin technically could spawn vehicles using the same technique via BEC scripts. I have no clue how to do it since I don't have the slightest idea about scripting, but this is my basic understanding of what happens.

The fact that I saw a tank in my vanilla server and I don't have @rmod installed, means that my client @DayZ mod allows me to see it (doesn't matter how it spawned).

So maybe if we could skip that server side restriction or cleanup on vehicle creation (when the server starts), we would have that vehicles spawned and visible.

The question is how to do it.

put this in your mission file

antiheli.sqf
Code:
private["_inVehicle","_isVehicle"];
while {true} do {
_inVehicle = (vehicle player != player);
_isVehicle = vehicle player;
if (_inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "Su34" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "SU39" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "A10" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "tank" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "AV8B2" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "AV-8B" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "A-10" || _inVehicle && (vehicle player) iskindof "Su-25") then {
    _isVehicle lock false;
    sleep .1;
    player action ["eject", _isVehicle];
};
sleep 1;
};

and add this into your init.sqf
Code:
_nul = [] execVM "fixes\antiheli.sqf";

basically what this does is if anyone tries to get in the above vehicles tank, jets, A10 it will eject them out of it and they cant fly/drive it

Thank you istealth, it seems helpful for some situations.

But my goal isn't to prevent the use of tanks, jets etc. -> on the contrary. I would like to be able to spawn such kind of vehicles in my vanilla server (as I described in details in my first post).

Working: AH-1Z (attack chopper)\ MH-60S (transport heli) AV-8B (harrier jet) Mi17_rockets_RU (transport heli with rocket pods) LAV-25 and LAV-25 HQ (apc) AAV (apc) BTR90_HQ (apc) GAZ_Vodnik_HMG (apc with heavy machine gun) BTR60 (apc) HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19 (humvee with cannon) M1135_ATVMG and M1128_MGS (both Stryker APC's with cannon and machine guns) SU34, SU39, A10, UH1Y and the m1a1 tank are all working spawns on a normal Chernarus server last time i checked

The problem is with battleye. These hackers can pay $10 to dl a program to do whatever they want, I pay $30 and have less control then them. Battleye needs to allow for a bypass for admins that allows you to run all the scripts/hacks that you want. I set up a trading post where I will spwn stuff in to trade with people. I have to log out, find myself on the map, edit my inventory, save it, and log back in. It takes a hacker a quick mouse wheel scroll and he can spwn a tank.

The problem is with battleye. These hackers can pay $10 to dl a program to do whatever they want, I pay $30 and have less control then them. Battleye needs to allow for a bypass for admins that allows you to run all the scripts/hacks that you want. I set up a trading post where I will spwn stuff in to trade with people. I have to log out, find myself on the map, edit my inventory, save it, and log back in. It takes a hacker a quick mouse wheel scroll and he can spwn a tank.

So as a server admin you should be allowed to hack?
Yet you would ban people for the same thing?

At what point makes that a good server?

There are already ways to put whatever you want on your server, opendayz is for dayz, look around more into arma itself to understand many scripts and functions.

Working: AH-1Z (attack chopper)\ MH-60S (transport heli) AV-8B (harrier jet) Mi17_rockets_RU (transport heli with rocket pods) LAV-25 and LAV-25 HQ (apc) AAV (apc) BTR90_HQ (apc) GAZ_Vodnik_HMG (apc with heavy machine gun) BTR60 (apc) HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19 (humvee with cannon) M1135_ATVMG and M1128_MGS (both Stryker APC's with cannon and machine guns) SU34, SU39, A10, UH1Y and the m1a1 tank are all working spawns on a normal Chernarus server last time i checked

Is your server managed or not? Which version of "reality" (or not) and beta client using and do you have any mods enabled?

As I said above, I have some of these vehicles in my database - in vehicle and world_vehicle tables, spawn points etc. But the server does not create/spawn them on startup.

Code:
 3:26:54 "OBJ: 1089 - AH1Z"
3:26:54 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/
3:26:54 Cannot create entity with abstract type AH1Z (scope = private?)
3:26:54 Cannot create non-ai vehicle AH1Z,

3:26:55 "OBJ: 866 - ArmoredSUV_PMC"
3:26:55 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ArmoredSUV_PMC/
3:26:55 Cannot create entity with abstract type ArmoredSUV_PMC (scope = private?)
3:26:55 Cannot create non-ai vehicle ArmoredSUV_PMC,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 882 - M1A1"
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A1 (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A1,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 863 - M1A2_TUSK_MG"
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A2_TUSK_MG (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A2_TUSK_MG,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 1090 - MH60S"
3:26:56 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MH60S/
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type MH60S (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MH60S,

I no longer doubt that this can be done without rMod client side and this is some kind of "industrial secret". It's sad that nobody wants to share how can be done, so we all be able to enjoy the full capabilities of the game.

Is your server managed or not? Which version of "reality" (or not) and beta client using and do you have any mods enabled?

As I said above, I have some of these vehicles in my database - in vehicle and world_vehicle tables, spawn points etc. But the server does not create/spawn them on startup.

Code:
 3:26:54 "OBJ: 1089 - AH1Z"
3:26:54 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH1Z/
3:26:54 Cannot create entity with abstract type AH1Z (scope = private?)
3:26:54 Cannot create non-ai vehicle AH1Z,

3:26:55 "OBJ: 866 - ArmoredSUV_PMC"
3:26:55 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ArmoredSUV_PMC/
3:26:55 Cannot create entity with abstract type ArmoredSUV_PMC (scope = private?)
3:26:55 Cannot create non-ai vehicle ArmoredSUV_PMC,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 882 - M1A1"
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A1 (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A1,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 863 - M1A2_TUSK_MG"
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type M1A2_TUSK_MG (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle M1A2_TUSK_MG,

3:26:56 "OBJ: 1090 - MH60S"
3:26:56 Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MH60S/
3:26:56 Cannot create entity with abstract type MH60S (scope = private?)
3:26:56 Cannot create non-ai vehicle MH60S,

I no longer doubt that this can be done without rMod client side and this is some kind of "industrial secret". It's sad that nobody wants to share how can be done, so we all be able to enjoy the full capabilities of the game.
You have full access to all your code. It's just a matter of figuring out where it's banned, and removing it from that list. I honestly can't tell you the answer, but you can figure it out just as fast as I can. Once you get it in, I can help you to prevent it from blowing up, but that's about it.

So as a server admin you should be allowed to hack?
Yet you would ban people for the same thing?

At what point makes that a good server?

There are already ways to put whatever you want on your server, opendayz is for dayz, look around more into arma itself to understand many scripts and functions.
If you look at post #7 you will see why I wanted to "hack" And I do believe it would make my server better. I understand your bitterness towards admins hacking. There are tons of admins tping around and killing people or kicking people who steal there stuff. I have never killed a player on my server or punished anyone for anything except for hacking. My goal is to create the best experience possible for my players, and I believe that if its possible to do in dayz then I should be able to do it. Other players can earn that responsibility when they pay for their own server. And if you can't get away from abusive admins, come play on my server!

If you look at post #7 you will see why I wanted to "hack" And I do believe it would make my server better. I understand your bitterness towards admins hacking. There are tons of admins tping around and killing people or kicking people who steal there stuff. I have never killed a player on my server or punished anyone for anything except for hacking. My goal is to create the best experience possible for my players, and I believe that if its possible to do in dayz then I should be able to do it. Other players can earn that responsibility when they pay for their own server. And if you can't get away from abusive admins, come play on my server!
You can do it without "hacking". Just add some scripts. That way it will be there on restart. You won't be able to save anything inside the vehicles, or the vehicles location or damage or anything, but they will always be in the same place on restart. I did this on my deathmatch server. You have to edit your scripts.txt and some of your server monitoring files, but it's not difficult. You still can't have EVERY vehicle, but it opens up the ones you can have dramatically.

You have full access to all your code. It's just a matter of figuring out where it's banned, and removing it from that list. I honestly can't tell you the answer, but you can figure it out just as fast as I can. Once you get it in, I can help you to prevent it from blowing up, but that's about it.

I have opened every single file from my server and I didn't saw a list of vehicles... Anyway will accept anything you offer as help, thankfully. Tell me about the "anti-blowing" thing, please.

Of course you can do it as an admin, but same as the guy spawning them in it will only last until the restart.

There is a way to get those vehicles to spawn via database. Dayz.st has this method they have a tool which lets you type in any class and it WILL spawn and it will save it too. An apache parked somewhere will still be parked at its location after restart.

I haven't figured out how to do it and no one gives any clear answers, IMHO. It's all like "I know but I wont tell you" ... you kinda feel like the veteran admins take a piss on you. It is annoying to say the least ... stupid secrecy.

I got a bunch of Rmod vehicles to spawn. Problem is firing the Vdniks machine results in a script kick or firing missles witht Hind results in the same.

Back