Harvest Hemp Script Help

can you post this fix to get the hemp to fall down?
I will see about posting a tutorial on how to install this COMPLETELY (Including the hemp fall down fix) later on, since I have been through a journey getting this to work and now that I finally have I may just give out the goodies in one complete tutorial since there seem to be none and hopefully spare others the long nights of frustration that I had xD

Can't wait to figure out how to put this in my server so many people have been asking for a script like this awesome job man !

wheres the fiberplant in editor carnt find it checked plant section couldnt see it? and any idea if these be released any time soon?

its not in the editor by default, but the script i linked will create some for you randomly each restart with markers, you can customize how many fields you want and how many plants per field

i found a script for this now it lets u harvest and it goes when u harvest it also gives u option to smoke it too well funny :)

also how long does it take for markers to show up on map with script u have and how often cheers for reply too.

hi,

i have an dayz epoch 1.0.5.1 Linux Server.

can you explain how to make the script working?

i can spawn the fiberplants on chernarus but i dont can haverst them ;-/

did you load the weed.sqf from dayz_server.pbo?

how do you install maccas right klick system?

regards

Sorry I may be a bit rusty because I've taken a break from scripting but to answer some of your questions I'll do my best. The way I spawned my fiber plants in shouldn't really matter as the script detects all nearby fiber plants regardless of what way they were spawned in through. I however did my fiber plant spawns in their own sqf file in the server pbo and called on them through... Serverfunctions.sqf? I believe that's the name. Once you have your actual plants appearing in game then you place the weed.sqf or what ever you decide to name it in the mission pbo somewhere. Next you HAVE to place the harvest variable in the init.sqf file within your mission pbo (at least thats where I put it). Now it gets pretty simple, install macas right click script as normal, I'm sure there is a tutorial on that somewhere. Once you have done that then set it up so that when you right click on item machete then you will get the harvest hemp option. By clicking it, it will activate the weed.sqf file and if the player is near hemp then the player will begin harvest.

Again I'm sorry if that was a bit rusty or or missing something but I haven't been scripting for a little while now. If I have time I will make an official tutorial for this.

One thing I should mention is the hemp destruction. I cannot remember if I discussed this at all but the issue was that hemp was "falling down like buildings" it would make a building collapse sound and kill the player, so to fix it we had removed the set damage variable and instead made it simply delete the plant until next restart. If you need further help then let me know and I'll see what I can do. If I feel it, I'll do a tutorial tomorrow that maybe also will include a little extra script I created that let's you smoke the hemp and get high :D

heres a script to grow random weed fields on any map:

http://pastebin.com/juMsuJ1r

I have put this in my buildings folder server side and called it but no fields generate. I also found a random weed.sqf that is supposed to work with WAI missions and it isn't working either. We used to have a field in another novysober.sqf in buildings file that was static field that worked but its not working now in the new server setup with Overpochins Is there something else I have to do to get your script to run ?? Nothing showing up in rpt file about it. The missions for the WAI are set to random but I noticed it just repeats the first 3 mission over and over without the rest so maybe something wrong in that script for that issue.

Sheep to the rescue! I'll post a how to with files later today :) I didn't create it but I'll try my best to provide support

Back