Having trouble editing my existing custom map in the Editor.

Connor

For the past 24 hours I have been trying to get my existing custom map to open on the Map Editor so I can add a few things in, I have put it into Other Profiles>My Profile>Missions, but it just doesn't show up on the map editing when I go to Load it in, am I doing something wrong? If somebody could give me a bit of help with this it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Connor.

Im pretty new to this server thing but ive been teaching myself EVERYTHING the past few days. I tried it out with just putting it into the folder Missions first, then realised it wasn't working, tried making a Test map to see where I went in the folder and it went into a folder of its on spec so I tried putting mine in a folder called mission.chernarus because it is called mission.sqm that still didn't work, so I tried looking around the internet and nothing so I came here. I don't know what I have done wrong but its a pain!

I have already done that Renegade, it still doesn't show up in the editors load option. Is it because it is a .sqm file and not a .sqf file, because its a already edited map that im taken from the FTP of my server and trying it but it just doesn't seem to work!

I tried it earlier and it loaded via 2d on the editor I think but once I went into 3d nothing was appearing that has been customly put in by the previous server owner? So if that's the case Kashwak, whats a solution?

if you can start it from the single player/editor. but not the alt+e 3d editor then you have to do everything in the 2d editor.

cause as far as i know you can only go from 3d ->2d not 2d->3d.

if that the case then you need to start a new 3d mission and add you edits in. search for the 3dto2d tool and convert it once you are done.

then start up the 2d editor and merge them.

and remember always open your main file and pulls your edits into it not the other way around.

Here is the one I use.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204

Okay thanks mate, i'll go try that shortly. Just to say thought it was the Alt+E Editor I used, I loaded up my server with DC, then went out to the main menu and alt+e'd there! hmm, strange! I'll go check it out though mate, hopefully you'll have saved me more stress than I want!

Cheers

Back