Heli crash sites

dotter

Hi, could you please explain to me. How can I do to see the emergence of 2 crash site every 15 minutes? I realized that it is necessary to set up a server_monitor.sqf, but I do not know what these numbers mean (10 * 60), (10 * 60), and how they affect the appearance of crash site. Thanks beforehand and sorry for my terrible English.

I have mine set to (50*60), (30*60).

I believe this will spawn a crash site every 30 minutes right?

I had it set to 15 but it seemed like there were to many spawning. There where like 7 all in the Novy/Stary sobor areas.

What is your complete code for heli spawns? One of those determines the area over which the spawns might occur. Have you changef anything else elsewhere?

What is your complete code for heli spawns? One of those determines the area over which the spawns might occur. Have you changef anything else elsewhere?

I haven't changed anything.
I am assuming this is the whole code for crash sites:

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (5 * 60), (30 * 60), 1, 'center', 2000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

EDIT: I also found this server_spawnCrashsite

Code:
private["_position","_num","_config","_itemType","_itemChance","_weights","_index","_iArray","_crashModel","_lootTable","_guaranteedLoot","_randomizedLoot","_frequency","_variance","_spawnChance","_spawnMarker","_spawnRadius","_spawnFire","_permanentFire","_crashName"];

//_crashModel    = _this select 0;
//_lootTable    = _this select 1;
_guaranteedLoot = _this select 0;
_randomizedLoot = _this select 1;
_frequency    = _this select 2;
_variance    = _this select 3;
_spawnChance    = _this select 4;
_spawnMarker    = _this select 5;
_spawnRadius    = _this select 6;
_spawnFire    = _this select 7;
_fadeFire    = _this select 8;

diag_log("CRASHSPAWNER: Starting spawn logic for Crash Spawner");

while {true} do {
    private["_timeAdjust","_timeToSpawn","_spawnRoll","_crash","_hasAdjustment","_newHeight","_adjustedPos"];
    // Allows the variance to act as +/- from the spawn frequency timer
    _timeAdjust = round(random(_variance * 2) - _variance);
    _timeToSpawn = time + _frequency + _timeAdjust;

//Adding some Random systems
    _crashModel = ["UH60Wreck_DZ","UH1Wreck_DZ"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

//Crash loot just uncomment the one you wish to use by default with 50cals is enabled.
    //Table including 50 cals
    _lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
    //Table without 50 cals
    //_lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash_No50s","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_crashName    = getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _crashModel >> "displayName");

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: %1%2 chance to spawn '%3' with loot table '%4' at %5", round(_spawnChance * 100), '%', _crashName, _lootTable, _timeToSpawn]);

// Apprehensive about using one giant long sleep here given server time variances over the life of the server daemon
    while {time < _timeToSpawn} do {
        sleep 5;
    };

_spawnRoll = random 1;

// Percentage roll
    if (_spawnRoll <= _spawnChance) then {

_position = [getMarkerPos _spawnMarker,0,_spawnRadius,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: Spawning '%1' with loot table '%2' NOW! (%3) at: %4", _crashName, _lootTable, time, str(_position)]);

_crash = createVehicle [_crashModel,_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
        // Randomize the direction the wreck is facing
        _crash setDir round(random 360);

// Using "custom" wrecks (using the destruction model of a vehicle vs. a prepared wreck model) will result
        // in the model spawning halfway in the ground.  To combat this, an OPTIONAL configuration can be tied to
        // the CfgVehicles class you've created for the custom wreck to define how high above the ground it should
        // spawn.  This is optional.
        _config = configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _crashModel >> "heightAdjustment";
        _hasAdjustment =  isNumber(_config);
        _newHeight = 0;
        if (_hasAdjustment) then {
            _newHeight = getNumber(_config);
            //diag_log(format["DIAG: ADJUSTMENT FOUND FOR %1, IT IS: %2", _crashName, _newHeight]);
        };

// Must setPos after a setDir otherwise the wreck won't level itself with the terrain
        _adjustedPos = [(_position select 0), (_position select 1), _newHeight];
        //diag_log(format["DIAG: Designated Position: %1", str(_adjustedPos)]);
        _crash setPos _adjustedPos;

// I don't think this is needed (you can't get "in" a crash), but it was in the original DayZ Crash logic
        dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor,_crash];

_crash setVariable ["ObjectID",1,true];

if (_spawnFire) then {
            //["dayzFire",[_crash,2,time,false,_fadeFire]] call broadcastRpcCallAll;
            dayzFire = [_crash,2,time,false,_fadeFire];
            publicVariable "dayzFire";
            _crash setvariable ["fadeFire",_fadeFire,true];
        };

_num        = round(random _randomizedLoot) + _guaranteedLoot;

_config =        configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> _lootTable;
        _itemTypes =    [] + getArray (_config >> "itemType");
        _index =        dayz_CBLBase  find "HeliCrash";
        _weights =        dayz_CBLChances select _index;
        _cntWeights = count _weights;

for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
            //create loot
            _index = floor(random _cntWeights);
            _index = _weights select _index;
            _itemType = _itemTypes select _index;
            [_itemType select 0, _itemType select 1, _position, 5] call spawn_loot;

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '%1' with loot table '%2'", _crashName, _lootTable]);

// ReammoBox is preferred parent class here, as WeaponHolder wouldn't match MedBox0 and other such items.
            _nearby = _position nearObjects ["ReammoBox", sizeOf(_crashModel)];
            {
                _x setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
            } forEach _nearBy;
        };
    };
};

What you pasted is a spawn every 5 minutes, but with a variance of 30 minutes, it would be 5-35 minutes. Average of 20 minutes for a spawn. As I understand it, 2000 radius is the default radius from the center of the map (which might be Novy/Starry). Are you sure they weren't spawning elsewhere? If you let it run for a while, they could build up quickly.

Yea, I let the server run for about 4-5 hours then I logged in and saw seven in that area.
I have occasionally seen them at the NWAF and the foot of Green mountain. But that's about it. They all seem to spawn within 2000m of stary. Ill check again today when i get home from work.

I am using the dayzst wiki

this is the default line of code for them I think:

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

I see why it's spawning so much. I must have accidentally deleted the 0 out of 50 making it 5. So if i want one to spawn every half hour I would change the 50 to 30?

And that 15 to 1, so they'll spawn 30 to 31 minutes.

But before you do both those changes, suggest u change the 2000 to 4000 and see if that doesnt spread them out more.

Back