Heli Lift / Towing problem & viewdistance changes

Wobble

Hi all..

On our server that runs Taviana 2.0 we added the Heli Lift / Towing mod.
Works freaking awesome.. exept one critical point

U can pickup the car with the chopper and fly away... But when u unattach it from the chopper
u get kicked from battleye for teleporting / creating vehicles

So my question here is. How do i fix it ?..

And so here we go with problem numero 2 .
We have removed the weather on the server and all the annoyong fog so the sun is shining 24/7 and everyone is happy. But the viewdistance on the server are extremly low. So how do i edit the viewing distance ?. My thought was to change it so around 1600 meters or 2000meters.

Thnx in advance for all help guys..

All mods that have been added were found here

http://opendayz.net/threads/resources-dayz-server-additions.9003/

as far i know Battleye will not affect the heli lift & vehicle tow (i use them myself)

well i know Gotcha ban u for setpos when u drop the car

dont know the work around, but you could contact Gotcha to hear what u can do :)

That's how Gotcha reports the setpos ban Wobble. You can remove the line: 2 "" from your setpos.txt file on your server and your players will no longer get bans. I did this on my server and it works perfectly. It does open some small vulnerabilities though, so keep that in mind. My server is whitelisted and I keep an eye on scripts, etc. though, and I haven't had any issues.

Code:
setviewdistance 3000;
bis_fog = 0;

setviewdistance 3000;
0 setovercast 0;
0 setrain 1;
//0 setfog 0;
0 setfog bis_fog
the setviewdistance lines. ExecVM it in an if (!isdedicated) section in your mission init

mmmyum sorry im kind of useless in this.. u need to be a bit more specific please.. :/
Save that code as effects.sqf. Execute it from your mission init.sqf like so:

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
//Conduct map operations
0 fadeSound 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
//lights
[] execVM "lights\street_lights.sqf";
//weather
[] execVM "Scripts\effects.sqf";
//autorefuel
[] execVM "Scripts\kh_actions.sqf";
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
   "heliCrash" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
        _list = nearestObjects [_this select 1, ["CraterLong"], 100];
        {deleteVehicle _x;} foreach _list;
    };
};

[] execVM "Scripts\effects.sqf"; just need to add this line - if your effects.sqf is saved in a folders called Scripts in your mission.pbo.

The lines in effects.sqf with setviewdistance set the viewdistance obviously - but it can be up to 50% less than that if it's raining/whatever.

Simply google for opendayz viewdistance if you need more instructions, there have been a few posts about it.

as far i know Battleye will not affect the heli lift & vehicle tow (i use them myself)

well i know Gotcha ban u for setpos when u drop the car

dont know the work around, but you could contact Gotcha to hear what u can do :)

Um I get kicked for trying to pickup a vehicle. I had a ural and tried lifing it, then i get kicked for #0 and it deletes the vehical. Why?

Back