[HELP] Changing zed animations -- Speed and dayz_anim.pbo

mmmyum

Valued Member!
Hey all, I am this close to releasing complete playercheck redo - this means zeds and loot gen. Real close. My last issue before release is the heart of it all - I hate the default zed movements - mostly the speed options. Posting here in hopes that someone knows something I don't!

HELP!
- I can only do regular or extra fast - or grandma slow. (forcespeed inzombie_agent and control_zombieAgent)

So the problem for me is dayz_anim.pbo
- can I change anything in here in the mission or server, or any way without creating a new mod?

Specifically speeds.txt governs the animation speed, which controls real zed movement speed as far as I can tell (at forcespeed 2, walk speed is selected, anything above, run speed is selected).

sidenotes:
If I can do that, any way I could override the full animation? Pulling some better animations from another arma mod, eventually will get to writing my own full mod but at this point this is the last thing keeping me from releasing a nice mission mod for zeds and loot (zeds are too slow to be much of a threat). Can I just make a little mod, for only overriding the zombie animations?

Regardless, what I've accomplished and will soon release: changing zed numbers, completely custom zed spawning, permanent one time per server start zed spawns and loot generation (as in, you can clear entire cities/towns, and loot can be scarce/no loot farming), redone zed ai and limits (better fps, allows higher zed numbers), many many changes!

Back