[Help] Custom Loot wont spawn

Samirocks123

Hello there, im having a issue with my DayZ_Code.pbo, ive implemented 20+ new guns not in DayZ, and for some reason i cannot find them ANYWERE. Ive placed all my guns in the config.cpp like they should be (I think)I also have Rmod installed so it has all(Most) of the guns unblocked.I know the code itself is right and i know where to look for them in game, i just cant seem to find them! Theres no error's in my logs, and all my clients+server uses the same pbo. I run a custom mod so i can edit ANY files required So can anyone help me with this?

try testing the code by only spawning your new objects, if they don't spawn, then something is overwriting your changes with the default code.

Alright ill try that, and thats what i was thinking at first, something might be overwriting it. Ill get back to you on that test though

Okay after testing it, i guess it does work, but theres another problem. I set the spawn rate for a mk16 sd in a hospital to 100.00 and only 1 gun came up and no medical supplies in the whole hospital. So what do you think is an appropiate spawn rate for it? I usually set all my guns in military and military special to 0.04 or 0.03, just like everything else. Is that to low?

the reason only 1 spawned is because the logic is designed to reduce the chance of multiple drops of the same weapon, and reduce the chance of a full building better loot than a crash site.

0.04 0.03 is good for average weapons. base your numbers of the original weapon spawn rates, depended on how often you want them.

Just so you know, you don't need to go through the effort of editing and supplying the new dayz_code. I re-wrote the entire loot table config section, instead of it pulling the data from the config files, I rebuilt the arrays straight into the code. This allows easy editing and no need to supply the clients with a new dayz_code.

Yah ive thought about looking into doing that, but my server also has Several custom pbo's/addons from armaholic and such

is it only config.cpp that needs to be edited to get extra weapons to spawn, or do i have to edit cfgloot.hpp or other files aswell?

Back