help installing community Map Additions

I am verry new to dayz server ownership .So far i have cleared the roads on my server and set up auto fuel but I just dont see how to add the community map additions any help or pointed in the rite direction would be great. P.S. my server provider is Dayz.st

Hi Brent,

When you say community map are you referring to just other maps such as Taviana? Or are you trying to upload your own custom map?

Brent,

I have to leave for class here shortly, but I'll type something up to help you, and post it all here as soon as possible.

Alright Brent,

IF dayz.st's server panel hasn't changed, then the following should work. My server is run by GTX gaming and it has an entirely different control panel.

First of all you are going to need to download the following:

Follow the above link. Depending on your browser / resolution size, scroll to the bottom of that page until you see the following:
t5himp.png

Click the button listed in the above image, and it will download PBO manager. (Gotta love site advertisements...)

Once you have that, you need to login to your Dayz.st Admin panel. There you should see something that looks like the following:
6r7wqv.png

That image is from the Dayz.st website found here: http://dayz.st/w/General_Beginners_Guide

• The only thing you need to worry about for what your trying to do is line 25 where it says Mission PBO (Get Default).
  • Click Get Default.
  • Create a folder in your downloads folder / wherever you download it too.
  • Name it Dayz Server Stuff.
  • Place the PBO Manager download / Default Mission pbo in that folder.
Now. If you have winrar / 7zip, right click the PBO Manager download, and extract to folder (Current Location\PBO Manager). If you don't have either then I recommend 7zip, you can get it here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Once that's done, install PBO Manager.

NOW BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE DO THE FOLLOWING:

1. Create a new folder in Dayz Server Stuff named Server Default Mission PBO
  2. Create a copy of the downloaded Default Mission PBO and place it in there.
By doing the above, you will always have the default mission pbo to go off of, in the event you totally jack something up.

Once you have that done, do the following:

1. Create a new folder in Dayz Server Stuff named Server Custom Mission PBO
  2. Cut / paste the remaining Mission PBO to that folder.
Now you get to install PBO Manger. Once that is done, right click the Mission PBO in the Server Custom Mission PBO folder. You should see something like this:
30hljx2.png

Once you click Extract to [ Folder Name] ( By default it should name it something along the lines of dayz_mission if memory serves me), then you need to do the following before you open that folder.

• Right click the dayz_mission.pbo file that is still sitting in the folder and rename it too: dayz_mission.bak.pbo
Now based off the link you provided you need to now do the following:
  1. Create a folder within that dayz_mission folder named map addons. It needs to be all lower case like it shows in the tutorial.
  2. Place balota_addon.SQF inside of that map addons folder.
  3. Go back to dayz_mission folder.
  4. Inside you will find a file named init.sqf.
  5. Right click that, edit with notepad / notepad++ if you have it installed.
  6. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the wall of text that you see.
  7. Once you reach the very bottom paste the following:
Code:
[] execVM "YourFolderYouMade\balota_addon.sqf";

Now, hit (Left Control + S) and it should save it.

Now you need to do the following:

1. Go back to your Server Custom Mission PBO folder.
  2. Right click the dayz_mission pbo folder
  3. Do the following:
2m806tl.png

Once that is done you should have two Mission PBOs in that folder

1. dayz_mission.pbo
  2. dayz_mission.bak.pbo
Upload the dayz_mission.pbo to the dayz.st control panel via line 25.

Test your server. If everything was done correctly, then Balota on your server should have the addons listed in that link you provided.

Hope this helps you Brent, and good luck with your server.

Back