(help) When looting AI gear, ArmA crashes.

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
I changed up my AI config to change the spawn rate, amount of units in a group, and what guns/items they have. For some reason, every once in awhile, you'll search one of the AI in a group, and that particular one will crash ArmA. Note: this doesn't happen every time you try and loot the body of a dead AI. Only certain ones, and only once in awhile. Im guessing I used the wrong code for an item, or for whatever reason they cant spawn with that item, and so it kicks you when you go to loot. Here's my script involving their gear, can anyone spot what I did wrong? Thanks
Code:
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Weapon & Item Loadout
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// a general note: you CAN use either rifles OR pistols. Do not use both. AI will get stuck after switching weapons.

// potential weapon list for leaders
SAR_leader_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","M4A3_CCO_EP1","AK_47_M","Mk_48_DZ","G36A_camo","M249_DZ","M240_DZ"];
SAR_leader_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for leaders -> Item / Chance 1 - 100
SAR_leader_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["FoodchickenCooked",60],["FoodrabbitCooked",50],["Antibiotic",50]];
SAR_leader_tools =  [["Etool",50],["Toolbox",30],["Binocular_Vector",5],["NVGoggles",5],["ItemRadio",100]];

//potential weapon list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["M16A2","Winchester1866","AK_74","LeeEnfield","Sa58V_CCO_EP1","M14_EP1","FN_FAL"];
SAR_rifleman_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for riflemen
SAR_rifleman_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60]];
SAR_rifleman_tools = [["Etool",50],["Toolbox",30]];

//potential weapon list for snipers
SAR_sniper_weapon_list = ["M4A1_Aim","SVD_CAMO","Huntingrifle","M40A3","M24","Sa58V_RCO_EP1"];
SAR_sniper_pistol_list = [];  // do NOT populate, Arma still has a bug that renders AI unresponsive after switching to the sidearm

// potential item list for snipers
SAR_sniper_items = [["ItemSodaCoke",75],["FoodCanBakedBeans",60],["Skin_Sniper1_DZ",10]];
SAR_sniper_tools = [["Etool",50],["Toolbox",30]];

Are they wearing special skins other than the default ghillie?
Are you using only the skins from Vanilla DayZ?

I haven't changed their skins.. just their gear and their spawn rates/how many there are in a group. Everything is working fine, until you go to loot the body. And its only certain bodies as well. I've killed dozens of them and looted them and only been kicked once. But Im trying to determine if its possibly an item I've selected for them to have? I really didn't change anything else about them. I made it so there could be max of 6 in a group instead of 3, and I changed their spawn percentages to make them spawn more often. I also removed the helicopter AI. I made it so the AI no longer try and steal your vehicle. I changed the amount of humanity gained and lost from killing them. I changed the damage reduction on the group leaders so they're a bit easier to kill. And I think that really covers it. I could copy/paste the entire config file here if you want?

I was getting this a couple of times.. Blamed it on an Item class that was removed/changed with the mod I was employing it on (Epoch).

Since then I am yet to have a crash after the Item was removed as a possible drop.

it appears its the bandit skin AI with the M240 is usually the culprit that gets you booted. Does this part of the code here list what they wear?
Code:
// military AI
SAR_leader_sold_list = ["Rocket_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a soldier group
SAR_sniper_sold_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a soldier group
SAR_soldier_sold_list = ["Soldier1_DZ","Camo1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ['Bandit1_DZ', 'BanditW1_DZ',"Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

// survivor AI
SAR_leader_surv_list = ["Survivor3_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leaders of a survivor group
SAR_sniper_surv_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a survivor group
SAR_soldier_surv_list = ["Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the riflemen of a soldier group

This doesn't seem like it would be a default skin for DZ
Soldier_Crew_PMC

there are only two additonal from the survivor skins. Camo and DZ Sniper.

Try this maybe?

// bandit AI
SAR_leader_band_list = ["Bandit1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the leader of a bandit group
SAR_sniper_band_list = ["Sniper1_DZ"]; // the potential classes of the snipers of a bandit group
SAR_soldier_band_list = ["BanditW1_DZ","Survivor2_DZ","SurvivorW2_DZ","Soldier_Crew_PMC"]; // the potential classes of the bandit of a soldier group

Also whats in the items list for the bandits? Anything in there that shouldn't belong or doesn't exist?

@Bungle.... that's my question... I posted their items at the very top.. Im wondering if a specific item is causing this issue?

the m249 spawns very frequently in version 1.7.7.1 especially on chopper crashes. Anyway I solved the problem. Im not sure exactly what item was causing the issue, but I removed the m240, antibiotics, and the Etool and replaced them with other things and I haven't had an issue so far. Odd

Probably the 240 and Etool. Banned weapons and Items can cause problems on AI's. Same as trying to have zombies spawn weapons or tools.

yea but the 240 and the etool aren't banned. they can both be found regularly, albeit the 240 is rare. Also, they did have the 240 and were shooting with it. It was just when you went to loot them. So strange.

I experienced this crashing too. My config only contains skins/weapons native to the Epoch mod. There's a particular combination of the two that causes crashes. The really weird part is that it doesn't affect everyone. I could crash, but the guy standing next to me won't. Am still trying to figure it out.

yea whatever this one particular AI would carry, it would boot anyone who looked into his gear instantly. Your game would freeze/crash. For me, it always seemed like it was a bandit, who was a group leader, and using an m240. Since I couldn't look into his gear, I couldn't tell what else he was carrying , but I know for sure it would have an m240 and because I only gave M240's to the group leaders, I knew it was a group leader.

None of my AI have M240's, so there's something else in addition to that gun that causes this. Crashes also happen with friendly AI as well. Didn't see anything too obvious in the server logs pointing to a reason for these crashes either. Am still re-building my server right now, but will be giving this a good test run soon.

Back