Help with adding Vehicles and Building ?

limit79

Hey guys i want to add some more Vehicles and Building to the map but im not sure on how or the best way to do so ? should it be done in the MYSQL DB or on the Mission file ?

Also if you know of any tuts that are good for doing this can you please link me ?
thanx
limit

in the object_classes table. Up the maxNum, chances, damage and fuel or lower them/w.e

Then run the pMain protocol. Will say only one row changed. Its all lies.

MySQL handles all of the vehicle data if you look in the vehicle_classes table you will notice a MaxNum column. The more in this column, the more you can spawn. We have a default limit of 100 in the pMain() Function, this will need changed on line 10. if you want to go beyond 100 vehicles.

Adding buildings can be done either in the mysql or in the mission, just depends how you fancy doing it. They'res plenty of tutorials around the forums to do both ways.

ok there is a few parts to edit on the MYSQL but im not sure im doing this right
there is "Classname" "Chance" "MaxNum" "Damage" "Hitpoints" MaxFuel" "Inventory" what one am i ment to change to get more then the normal cars and stuff ?

One thing I would test. Teleport your character position to the same worldspace as a vehicle you know works. (worldspace of a vehicle in the object_data table. )

BECAUSE if you cant see a vehicle when you next load in... they are not in there :(

RCON restarts don't spawn in vehicles for me at least... I swear I don't blame any one particular person for this. >_>

so last night i added vehicles to the server in the code but i could not see where i put there location on the mysql im not sure im doing this right at all :(

SO let me know if i have this right i add the vehicle to the Object_Classes and for them to spwan i need to add them to Object_data table ? ... man this is going to be a lot of work :( some one should come up with a script to this a defult :)

there is a script. It comes when you load the .sql that comes with server files... its a stored procedure that puts vehicles in the object_data based on the values in the object_classes. . .

OK so i did the script thing for the server and in the object_data it show me info for cars and stuff but it put the rest of the info into object_spawn not object_classes so im not sure what is going on :(

object_spawn = all possible spawn points for vehicles
object_data = all the vehicles and placeables in game right now.
object_classes = all the vehicles and their max numbers, max fuel and max damage.

If you want more vehicles IN the server right now up the numbers for the maxNum in object_classes. Change the max number in the Pmain procedure (its like 100ish by default) Run the procedure.

Zimidy zamidy Douche... magically vehicles are in. Restart server/ switch off and on again. And waller. ... walah ... WA lahe Wa lah hmm illget back to you on this Ithink its Wal ahhh . Nvm. and Bobs your uncle fanies your aunt, your done.

is there a spawn script that can insert the vehicles in to the DB ? or will i have to sit here and add them in one by one will take to long :(

ok so i use pMain(500) to spawn 500 ? and where to i run this ? i have it in the server_start.bat but am i ment to do this in game ?

Ok guys ive got it all working thank you for all ur help i just need to work out how to add more building in to the server now im sure there is alot of tuts out there that can show how to do this :)

I think we will be releasing something specifically for this, or maybe not, it depends, We have added buildings in a different (improved) way.

Please bear in mind that depending on how you go about placing buildings in the editor you could end up not seeing buildings we have placed, or even seeing buildings that we have removed.

Also any/all future releases of the map that we're editing in Visitor will likely have a lot of changes so keep that in mind. We don't want people being angry when they've spent a lot of time adding buildings that will need to be removed later.

Back