Help with Epoch Server Pack v1.0 by Asiankid

masprotech

First off let me say that Asiankid's Epoch Server pack v1.0 is an awesome pack and has exactly what I wanted inside and install was a breeze and mainly my players love all the new and hidden little things around the map. However having a few issues with some of the scripts that have been added. And was really hoping for a little help from the community .. Ok here we go

I am using HFBServers as my host and am using Chernarus Epoch 1.0.1.5 as my mod.

I am getting spammed in my .rpt file by the Wrong text Element 'NULL' issue
I know this is coming from the debug monitor but is there a fix for this? I have searched the forums and came up with nothing other than fixes for others debug monitors

Another issue is players cant cancel actions when a player starts an action like chopping a tree or removing basebuilding items they cannot cancel the actions by moving you just cannot move at all and have to wait for the action to finish..

With Basebuilding 1.2 the wrong code is given when placing items mainly the infostand gives the wrong code even when you change it. I've checked the database and used ObjectUID number the item generates and that number works but for some reason the codes that are given are under the FUEL column in the db and do not work.

Also with basebuilding 1.2 the smelt menu is no longer available I seem to remember being able to smelt some items like cans into scrap metal and glass bottles into windscreen and a few others but that is no longer available in here. I may be wrong this may not be apart of basebuilding at all.

I want to add that I went with a pack simply because basebuilding was working in it and try as I may I never could get basebuilding to work on my own it always broke my database with the not saving issue that has plagued everyone.

On a side note has anyone been able to get Rmod2.1 working with Epoch Chernarus? The mod is available through my host but it will not initialize when the server starts up and I don't know where my startup parameters are saved or If i can even edit that part of my server.

Again Thanks to anyone for anyhelp they can provide and if you need any more info or want to see my server pbo's let me know

Hello,

I have been looking into resolving the cancel action problem myself, as i am using this pack also. i figured it was an issue in the selfactions file and did a file compare with an old selfaction that it did work on. i dont see any changes on it that would affect it, so im not sure which file i need to check to fix it.

i also noticed he forgot the debug folder from sarges ai to put markers on the map and did a lot of time edits on self bloodbags, and mission spawning times.

i have not fully tried the basebuilding mod as i am trying to play legit on my server but its hard and tempting not too, i just havent had the money for the plotpoles and other things needed.

the smelt menu was probably overwritten on the selfactions and i have yet to try to smelt anything since this pack so i may look into fixing that also, but i dont have any fixes for the things you mentioned above.

have you emailed asiankid and asked him? i mainly only care the most about cancel actions, does anyone know where this code is handled?

Well I commented out the debug menu last night in the init.sqg and what do ya know we can cancel actions now according to one of my players.. I haven't tested this myself but it also stopped my rpt from being bogged down with wrong text element null and improved the fps on my server quite a bit so try that just put // in front of the []execvm debug menu line

my users love the debug menu, so im just going to leave it. but i know interrupt is still an issue, you can cancel on blood, but things like cutting trees and stuff are still an issue.

I Know what you mean hell I loved that debug menu but commenting it out has improved server performance and fixed my cancel issue im still searching for a fix to the issues to maybe try a workaround of some sort but im not that good with the coding

And yes Ive sent him messages and the first few got answered then after I started pointing out bugs and issues he stopped responding so not sure there but here is a link you should check out if you haven't already it has more info on the pack from others
http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/945-release-asian-server-pack/

Back