Help with our server

Hi guys,
I have a Dayz server I have had loads of issues with things we try to add. Are community has a forum and we currently have 49 registered players waiting to join the server.
We seem to take 3 steps forward and two back, The other day we had the server ready for its alpha launch! we had custom scripts, Custom map with added building's etc. We launched the server, After a few hours of testing I started getting reports from players the fps were stupidly low the weather was changing every couple of seconds and a few other minor issues, We tried to fix these issues and failed!! Nothing we did worked, In fact we made it worse! We need some help from some one who knows what there doing. If anybody could offer a few hours of there time to help us it would be great.

Cheers

Ben, I have a dentist appt in 4ish hours to get the rest of my teeth removed (just seven left, yay!) but I'll be free the rest of the day. I won't do much good in TS until tomorrow or so but I'd be happy to take a hard look at what's wrong in the meantime.

My email is agutgopostal at hotmail dot com. Why don't you send me your server rpt log for starters and we can go from there? My main pub server is here: 68.232.188.52:2302 and I run a lot of custom stuff. If you see anything you like I can toss it in while I'm fixing your stuff too.

Hi guys,
I have a Dayz server I have had loads of issues with things we try to add. Are community has a forum and we currently have 49 registered players waiting to join the server.
We seem to take 3 steps forward and two back, The other day we had the server ready for its alpha launch! we had custom scripts, Custom map with added building's etc. We launched the server, After a few hours of testing I started getting reports from players the fps were stupidly low the weather was changing every couple of seconds and a few other minor issues, We tried to fix these issues and failed!! Nothing we did worked, In fact we made it worse! We need some help from some one who knows what there doing. If anybody could offer a few hours of there time to help us it would be great.

Cheers

First thing that comes to mind would be to have a restart schedual in place. Dayz server FPS will drop over time, especially with addons! No way to really combat that other than frequent restarts.
If you need help in any way pm me and I'll see what I can do.
Just like gopostal offered, you can have a look at my server and cherry pick waht you'd like for your server.

Zeehond any help is appreciated. The server is now reset to default and we need to start adding our custom scripts if you could offer any help it would be great as i'm still new to this whole coding game :)

no problemo! Just pm me some info on your server and I'll try and guide you with what I can.
pref. where do you host?
mod name/map name
etc

Back