how do I change the starting loadout for the latest dayz epoch version?

I got this ;) For anyone who wants to know how to do this i figured out that by editing your init in your dayz_mission.pbo and copying and pasting this code at the very bottom:

DefaultMagazines = ["FoodSteakCooked","ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"];
DefaultWeapons = ["M9SD","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemToolbox"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

(You can obviously change the loadout by typing the code in-between the brackets, don't forget to keep the format, you can get the code by using dayz custom loadout generator for anyone who doesn't know :p)

If you want everyone to have that custom loadout, then it won't really matter where you put it in your init.sqf file.
However, if you're creating something like donator perks etc, then you'll need to put:

[] execVM "tools\*donatorscriptfilename*.sqf";

before the
_playerMonitor =[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

line.

I got this ;) For anyone who wants to know how to do this i figured out that by editing your init in your dayz_mission.pbo and copying and pasting this code at the very bottom:

DefaultMagazines = ["FoodSteakCooked","ItemMorphine","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"];
DefaultWeapons = ["M9SD","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemToolbox"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackWeapon = "";

(You can obviously change the loadout by typing the code in-between the brackets, don't forget to keep the format, you can get the code by using dayz custom loadout generator for anyone who doesn't know :p)

I took a look in the server_playerLogin.sqf in the dayz_server.pbo, For me on line 23-28, There is some code with possible variables for starter gear customization.
Code:
//Variables
_inventory =    [];
_backpack =     [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_isInfected =   0;
_model =        "";

That is the code in the .sqf I haven't tried this, but I think you can change the variable to gear items in the inventory. Something like this:
Code:
//Variables
_inventory =    ["M9SD","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemToolbox"];
_backpack =     [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_isInfected =   0;
_model =        "";

Or maybe put the items in the survival slot. I haven't tested it, so I will update this as I test it!

Hope this helps,
Midnight

Back