How to add building to specified position?

suiyi

Hi guys, I am a new admin, I have played many servers and I noticed that some admins could set custom base for donors, my question is that how could I achieve that? Thx

you have to create a base or bases in the 3d editor and then exec the sqf script,in your server to spawn those bases. you need code to keep them private

Ive noticed that the bases I build get glitchy due to not being snap built. Is there a work around for this, or do you just build close and deal with it.

Also what do you mean "you need code to keep them private"?

LOL .. I had to read that a few times too and was like "WTF does that mean?"
By "make it private" I meant code to allow only the owners access to the base area.

They are glitchy because they are are on uneven ground or there is another item interfering so that the placement item is tilted or something to accomodate the landscape or interfering objects. I had mentioned before about using setvectorup to force items to be on the ground so something like that might work. Putting this code in the init will force it to be spawned exactly where you placed it in the editor "this setPos position this" (havent' tested it but to me it seems you would want the position this to be inside parenthesis)

A 'snap build' type of code used in the vehicleinit to force one item next to its adjoining item. Something like this might help as it says it has some script to help connect items http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10508

I prefer 'build close and deal with it" but I only do small camps etc. And my solution to them is to ensure I find a flat bit of land to build on.

Back