How to add new vehicles?

$toney

Hi first of all how do I add new vehicles to my server? I can't find ANYWHERE on google that is of any help. It would be greatly appreciated if some one would explain to me or point me in the right direction of how to do this. Thankyou.

[[SOLVED]] - If anyone came to this thread and is using pwn0zor's file pack and wants a very simple way to add new vehicles or edit player data just message on this thread and i'll be happy to help you out.

Depends on what Mod you run, its super easy on Epoch, you just add vehicles at the end of the dynamicvehicles.sqf, im not sure about other mods though.

Thanks for the reply dude. I know everyone has been saying edit the .sqf files but I didn't know how to. I found a program called Navicat which I then connected with via 127.0.0.1 port 3306 to my dayz database on my dedi box and found everything I needed to add vehicles and also edit player data etc.

Something I found useful was the coordinate converter. Select on the map where you want to spawn a vehicle then just put the coordinates straight into the database. Peace of cake now I know how lol.

can someone tell me how to convert [13451.714, 11733.261, 0.21902354] into pwnzor server pack's database?

i actualy have just a question... is it enough to just add vehicle to object_spawn or should i add elsewhere as in reality db stules

If you're using Pwn0zor private hive and the MySQL server that came with it. Just use something like Navicat to edit the database tables. Go into object_data and just add the new vehicle you want in there. You can get the worldspace coordinates for the database converted using this site.. http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/ - Just use the dayzmap.com map and put the GPS coordinates into the coord converter. Leave heading as 0 - If you get stuck just ask. :)

If you're using Pwn0zor private hive and the MySQL server that came with it. Just use something like Navicat to edit the database tables. Go into object_data and just add the new vehicle you want in there. You can get the worldspace coordinates for the database converted using this site.. http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/ - Just use the dayzmap.com map and put the GPS coordinates into the coord converter. Leave heading as 0 - If you get stuck just ask. :)

So if i get it righti have just add vehicle to ONLY object_data table ? thats it ? no object_spawn or smt

Right the "ObjectID" needs to be the next number so if the last one is 10 the next one would be 11 obviously. The ObjectUID is random so just type 3812973821739 for example. The Instance should always be 1 for vehicles. The classnames you can find in the "object_classes" table.. The datestamp just leave that, CharacterID leave it on 0, Worldspace is where to put the coords from the converter after getting them from the map. Invent just put [] and it will sort it out. Hitpoints put [] and Fuel put 0 - 1 for example 0.50000 and Damage same with that (like fuel) 0 - 1 (1 is blown up and destroyed) and then Last Updated just leave that.

Sorry took so long to reply haven't been on the forum in a couple of days.

This may be unrelated and it's an old thread but: I added vehicles via the editor. They are temp but respawn upon restart. How can I add a message to the vehicle letting the player know its temp?

Back