How to add scattered weapons in the grass?

I've tried to place weapons at the start of my Bliss Server. But the 3D editor only seems to allow a couple of basic weapons to be spawned on the grass.

I use 'WeaponHolder_M4A1" and it appears on the grass just fine.

But try as I might, I can't get most other allowed weapons or Ammo to appear.
Like the AK_74 or bizon_silenced or 30Rnd_762x39_AK47

Sure I can create a Ammo box with the stuff in it.
But I would like to have a few guns with ammo scattered around a small area in the grass so players have to search for it.

Any clue how to do this?

I would HIGHLY reccomend not doing this because im pretty sure every time you restart the server those guns/items will be there again, and again, and again, once someone catches on, they can just cycle that loot every restart.

I see your concern Sam, but as my Server only restarts twice a day, I can't see a player going to an area to get an item.
I'm really only looking for placing small weapons or items like a painkiller or can of beans in any case. :)

So no way to do this except via a Ammo/cardboard box?

It would be nice if the Reality Hive allowed weapons and other items to be spawned like instance_vehicles. That way we'd get around the problem. Or attach a random script to an item as it spawns so it's positioned at say a random 10-20m radius?

Later tonight once i get done with server work i will be able to type you a tutorial on how to do this, but i have one IMPORTANT question, can and/or will you modify client side files? To do this you need to modify the client side files.

Back