How to make server show up in server list?

Gijs007

I've setup a Dayz Mod server, when I tried to join it with the official ArmA 2: Dayz Mod from steam I received a session lost message.

After a while I found that changing the servers steam_appid to: 224580 fixes this problem.
However I'm still having the problem that the server is not publicly listed. My friends and I can only join when we use the remote option and specify the IP and port.

How can we fix this? So that the server shows up in the server list of the ArmA 2: Dayz Mod.

Last edited:
do you have both the game port (usually 2302) and the query port (game port +1) opened and/or forwarded?

does the server have a name in server.cfg? hostname="My DayZMod Server";

Finally, go here http://dz.launcher.eu/check and put in your server and gameport+1 and see if dzlauncher can see it

do you have both the game port (usually 2302) and the query port (game port +1) opened and/or forwarded?

does the server have a name in server.cfg? hostname="My DayZMod Server";

Finally, go here http://dz.launcher.eu/check and put in your server and gameport+1 and see if dzlauncher can see it
The Dayz launcher can't find the server either. @ 5.39.66.97:2303

The ports are open in the Windows Firewall, port forwarding is not needed since it's a dedicated server in a datacenter.

Commandline is:
arma2oaserver.exe -mod=@DayZ;@Hive -name=DayzServer -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=2047 -bandwidthAlg=2 -noSound -noPause -nosplash -port=2302

The relevant part of the config:
// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "DayZ Vanilla - (V1.8.8/131129) [Regular|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT+1] xgclan.com"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

//ArmA2 OA : 1.63 SETTINGS
steamport = 8766; //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport = 27016; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 100; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2; // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed).
requiredBuild = 125548; // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect
requiredSecureId = 2; // Verifies the user has a secure ID. Valid values 1 (Allows all users to connect even if no valid ID), 2 (User must have a valid ID or will be kicked from the server).

Found the issue, there was another application running on port 2302 :oops:o_O

Although the question about the ArmA 2: DayZ Mod remains, the server still doesn't show up in that serverlist.

Last edited:
if you want it to show up as under STEAM->ARMA2 DAYZMOD, you have to change the appid. It's in a file named steam_appid.txt. The value should be 224580

Back