How to mod DayZ in a certain way?

Aralvar

So, I'm not a fan of permadeath most of the time so I don't play DayZ often at all. However, I do enjoy playing the game. Does anyone know of a way to mod DayZ in a way that makes it so you only drop everything except your backpack (not the items in it) and your primary and secondary equipped weapons? I'd like to maybe run a server like this, no idea how many players I'd get but I'd like to try. I just find the game more enjoyable when only certain items are lost on death, that's just me.I'd like to play DayZ more as an open world RPG with a more hardcore death penalty, but not as a completely hardcore survival game. A little more laid back, a little less worrying. I don't currently know of a game like this, so I'm asking this here. Does anyone know of any tutorials or how this can be done?

dayz_code/compile/player_death.sqf
Just guessing, haven't tried it yet but since all the steps to configure the dead body and setup the new player are there before the last line which send the player to the lobby, I would expect that you can do this.

Don't kill the player. Instead, follow all the steps but set damage to 0 and give him the random weapons/gear you want. End result should be a player in the lobby with the database showing alive, healthy and with the given gear.

Back