How to setup Full Moon Nights

Mateo

Before Bliss 4.0 I used to alter proc_getinstancetime to call up a static date. With Bliss 4.0 that no longer exists. Is there another way to implement full moon nights? Can someone please let me know how they do it on Bliss 4.0 on their server? Thank you.

I do it by adjusting the month, year and day in the server_hivereadwrite.sqf file. There's more information on it located here. I have not yet started using 4.0 so I'm not positive it still works. Can you confirm if this works for you?

I took a look in the server.pbo and there was no server_hivereadwrite.sqf for Bliss 4.0. I looked in the rest but couldn't find a reference for the date/time.

I too have been waiting for this functionality. Please provide some way to do this in the near future :)

Google the moon cycle to find what day you could use. I think I use July 3rd or something like that.

Google the moon cycle to find what day you could use. I think I use July 3rd or something like that.

That is the date I have been using too. It is a full moon and it is close to the summer solstice so it makes for a short night with a full moon. The problem is that the moon sets before the sun rises. I would like to find a date when the moon set is right about the time of the sunrise and vice versa. If anyone does find a date like this please post it here.

So I set a static date, and a custom time but now it seems that the time is static, always noon when the server restarts.

Yeah, but I would like to make my server -10 UTC so the sun sets around midnight CST time, a timezone that is typical to most of my players.

Code:
[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Local
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
;Year = 2012
;Month = 1
;Date = 1

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Local
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 8

I think you just want to set the time offset under "[Time]" and then a static date under "[Date]"

[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Static
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
Year = 2012
Month = 7
Date = 3

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Custom
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
Offset = -10
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 8

These are my settings, should they not work?

I think so. I remember last time I worked with it I had trouble getting it to accept negative offset but I can't remember what I had to do to resolve it. I haven't gotten around to updating mine to this bliss version yet so can't test to verify.

Hello.
I'm hosting my server at DayZ.ST. Unfortunately I can't modify the HiveExt.ini file because it get overwritten every restart.
So i was searching for an alternative way to set a static date by modifying the server.pbo file and found this:
Code:
https://github.com/ayan4m1/DayZ-Private/issues/429#issuecomment-10260625
Sadly it doesn't work as expected. After applying the code the server starts, but I've get an Wait for Host message.
Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Back