I was wondering? AI protectors?

A few months ago I was on a server that for a fee would have AI protect your base, and they were non hostile to the base owner. Would anyone know how to do this? Or was this guy just the scripting king of the world?? LOL!

He probably used a default ai program Most likely SARGE AI because sarge is very good for config and other things so it was most likely that and then he probably had ai static spawns at the base which is all default stuff then probably did some self coding and added a Whitelist to the bandit ai so that that the player was whitelisted and anyone who wasent was a KOS

Maybe he gives all players that aren't on the whitelist a negativ rating below -2000, that flags the players as enemy, and the ai will shoot them.

I know how to do this.

You spawn AI around your base, using static spawns with no patrol points. Then have a script run (like the trader city safezone script) whenever the Plotpole owner enters the radius, the script basically sets the owners Captive variable to True, like: setCaptive = true; . setCaptive makes the enemy ignore you, sets you to nutral (I think) . I use this function with my admin godmode script, so my admins can investigate AI issues without causing WW3.

To get over the issue of players dying and the plot pole not being associated with their ID anymore, I would assume that the server owner has implemented the workaround that ties plot poles to your UID and not your Character ID . Best thing to do , is grab their mission.pbo and have a look ;)

Hope that helps.

Back