[Idea] Make use of the Money(evidence) item.

Nebulazer

Valued Member!
There is an item that looks like a stack of 100 dollar bills, Is it possible to make this item collectible and stack able? I want to make it so players can cash these in for Prizes, and make them spawn on my AI and each player starts with one. If you collect a certain amount without losing them, you could cash them into me for prizes like skins, loadouts, powers, leaderboard... ect.

Well, I guess you could add them to loot tables and have a trading post to cash them in?

I dont think they can currently be picked up, or stacked. I will learn to code this if someone can confirm its possible and maybe point me in the right direction.

Hmm, when the kids are in bed, ill add them to the loot tables in my test server and just see what happens. Stacking them would be a case of making them into a magazine i guess? Don't ask me how, my skills dont stretch that far yet.

I've seen the code for how combining the 2rnd slugs to 8round mags and alike works, something like that?

Yes, I suppose any way of putting them together so they have a max total of maybe 10. Hm starting a test server up is probably a good idea now that i am running on a true dedicated machine. I used to use the live server to test things, but i actually get a consistent amount of players so i cant do that anymore. For now i would probably personally collect the money and dish out the prizes myself until i can figure a way of making more streamlined and automated. One issue i can think of already is the need to add puid's to the mission file to give people skin or super power prizes. Custom loadout is a bit easier.

Well "EvMoney" is banned under Dayz_Anim/config.cpp which kinda sucks. I guess you could always use something else liek scrap metal or mountain dews. But that doesnt quite have the same ring to it. I just use an old 4 core athlon machine to do mine, works wonders :)

I have the money added in to my map via the 3d editor, they are in my database. So on lingor they might be unbanned in the Anim. Also, Lee from Vilayer told me he is working on giving me the ability to move my Anim to the mission file to be able to activate anything, fingers crossed on that as that is my most desired feature ever.... Stupid that they ever took things like that out of the game on purpose in the first place... as if hackers have a use for it. The Anim should just be commented out for all private server versions of Dayz anyway.

anim in the mission file ? overwriting the mod anim? Without the client mod needing a special version?

Will not happen in my opinion, but i am happy to learn something new that was tried for more than a year now and not done ...

Sarge

To unban items such as the money use rmod. Then you could just find/make a vendor that will take the said money for stuff.

Say, i dont want to take the vendor route , and i can get this item un banned on the lingor mod without Rmod for the next update. How would i make this item stackeable?

Hmm you could have something like the arrow quivers but in like 5,10,20,50,100 type thing. But that would require you to make new items. Only way I can think.

Back