Idea?

CraniX

I have an idea, a counter that shows a players name [ CraniX | 12:34 ] and how long they have been alive for. The person on the server who has been alive the longest will be shown in text to all players on the server at the top right. Could this even be done and if so could you offer help?

Search for the code ShootingBlanks posted on death messages.

you could modify it to do that.

If you are talking all players who are currently online then yes. Easily.
If you mean ALL players even those not connected at the moment, then yes ... If you are using an older mod that has child:999 calls like overwatch or maybe epoch.

Are we going to reward the player who kills the longest survivor? Like force a manhunt?

If you are talking all players who are currently online then yes. Easily.
If you mean ALL players even those not connected at the moment, then yes ... If you are using an older mod that has child:999 calls like overwatch or maybe epoch.

Are we going to reward the player who kills the longest survivor? Like force a manhunt?
Fairly certain you could also use Arma2net or whatever it is

Dayz uses arma2net. But you dont want an sql layer over top an sql layer for a single variable.
I have used inidbi successfully which would work.
But the question is unanswered, all players or only those online?
Those online would be my vote

Dayz uses arma2net. But you dont want an sql layer over top an sql layer for a single variable.
I have used inidbi successfully which would work.
But the question is unanswered, all players or only those online?
Those online would be my vote
those online seems like it would be easier to manage and have less performance issues, too.

Well lets start with the current online players anyways. It could easily contain all players that have connected since restart which would be good as it would exclude those who dont play often .

I have thought of a few workarounds to include all players but in the end they would all be a lot of effort for such a trivial matter. The 999 calls would be best of them all. I wonder what it would entail to implement a second dll just for custom db calls. That would have some use beyond this feature.

Back