In Game Messages

GaryG

Hello all....I did a search and didnt find anything relating to this so very sorry if this has already been covered. If so, please direct me where to. If not, please help!! ;)

I have a heavily modded Taviana 2.0 server hosted by Dayz.st. I cannot get the in game looping messages to work. I entered them into php.myadmin in the correct format (as shown at dayz.st.com). I then emailed Dayst support team and they replied with: "in game messaging does not work on some maps. Try installing Gotcha." <- nice answer! I went to gotchas site and started ready that they are not compatible with Dayzst! They had also sent me a link to a support page where i was able to see some code change in monitorserver and server cleanup. None of the code matched and when I tried to implement it I no longer has Base Building 1.2 or ANY deployables (including vehicles). Any suggestions or advise are much appreciated!!

what about BEC? it can do repeated ingame messages too...
im using it for scheduled serverrestart twice a day...
and a message about these 2 restarts texted every hour

BEC? I'm not familiar with that one. What does the BEC stand for? Thank you for your reply.

If you somehow have full FTP access and are allowed to turn on applications like these, you could use my ServerMessages app for being lightweight.

Also, you posted this in the wrong forum, this is the DayZ 2017 forum, not Server Mainteance.

And on another note, check the message in top right colored red.

You cannot use BEC with DayZ.st. Personally I use gdscei's tool. It does exactly what I need it to.

Im in the same boat,somehow on taviana loop messages dont work,tried with gotcha,didnt work and sql.

gdscei not to continue this "discussion" to much but, since there is a problem with all Tavi servers (to my knowledge) loop messages doesn't work.

but for getting back to the topic i dont think there is a fix to it except BEC. but as mentioned you need full ftp access :(

gdscei not to continue this "discussion" to much but, since there is a problem with all Tavi servers (to my knowledge) loop messages doesn't work.

but for getting back to the topic i dont think there is a fix to it except BEC. but as mentioned you need full ftp access :(
The thing is... it's not Taviana's fault. It's dayz.st's fault.

Oh and as I stated before, check the message in the top right of the forum:

WE ARE NOT A SUPPORT FORUM FOR ANY SERVER HOSTING COMPANY! IF YOU POST ANYTHING RELATED TO A HOSTING COMPANY YOU WILL BE PERMA-BANNED!

Ive used other hosts before,but with dayz.st it is a problem,you do have ftp support but some files are locked which kinda sucks

My server is heavily modded so when I tried to use Anti-Hacks for messages players were constantly being kicked for things. I think i may try and write a custom script that will call messages in a loop since there seems to be no known fix for this with a DayZ.ST server. Ill update soonest. Thanks for the replies.

Not sure if you've checked this but this is the issue I had. in the init.sqf file.. you need to comment out or remove 'enableRadio false;' This was also blocking kill messages for me.

Thanks for all your help Will and Muddr!!! Commenting out radio along with Wills fixes did the trick!

Back