IniDB - Has anyone checked it out?

dirtbikr59

Link to IniDB original post and download file.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...rver-or-your-local-computer-without-databases

It uses .ini files to save player information such as position, weapons, clothing, etc... I think this would be a great edition to 404Wasteland 1.06 but SicSemperTyrannis's directions are unclear. How would you call "savePlayerData.sqf" and "loadPlayerData.sqf"? There are 3 Init.Sqf files in Arma 3 (Mission, Server, and client) and I am unsure how and where to call it. Something like this I suppose:

Code:
while{true} do {
    {
        if(isPlayer _x) then {
            // Save their data here
        };
    } forEach allUnits;
};

niDB - A simple server-side database extension using INI files (and more)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author:
SicSemperTyrannis

Support:
http://raiderbattalion.enjin.com/

How to use:
To use "iniDB" in your mission, install the extension in your ARMA2 or ARMA3 directory by copying the entire "@inidb" folder included in the download to your root directory.
Don't forget to copy over over or create the /db/ folder.
It should look like: /Arma 3/@inidb/iniDB.dll
It should look like: /Arma 3/@inidb/db/
It should look like: /Arma 3/@inidb/Addons/iniDB.pbo

Then in your mission init.sqf, somewhere before you want to use the functions do this:
call compile preProcessFile "\iniDB\init.sqf";

It should be noted that when you install the @inidb folder you can delete the /examples/ directory from there if you please, they serve no purpose in that folder.

You have permission to use, upload or otherwise distribute this as please, but don't hold me responsible for anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGELOG

13-March-2013
- Module
- Initial Release
- init.sqf
- Initial Release

savePlayerData.sqf
Code:
_unit = _this;
_puid = getPlayerUID _unit;

if(!isServer) exitWith {};

if(_puid == "_SP_PLAYER_" || _puid == "") exitWith {};

// Allow users with multiple profiles to make new profiles and have new lives
// We want to use CRC hashes for the name because some people have spaces, weird characters or some other stuff so it's just better this way.
_profileName = _unit getVariable["profileName", ""];

if(_profileName == "") exitWith {};

_unitFileName = format["%1_%2", _puid, (_profileName call iniDB_CRC32)];

// We will save to the same file, but use different sections for each side
// We don't want cop uniforms/pos/etc saving over to insurgent or civilian sides
// This will mean persistent data will carry over _per occupation_, pretty neat right?
_sectionTitle = format["%1", side _unit];

// Actually save global data
[_unitFileName, _sectionTitle, "pos", position _unit] call iniDB_write;
[_unitFileName, _sectionTitle, "loadout", ([_unit] call getLoadout)] call iniDB_write;

loadPlayerData.sqf
Code:
_unit = _this;
_puid = getPlayerUID _unit;

if(!isServer) exitWith {};

if(_puid == "_SP_PLAYER_" || _puid == "") exitWith {};

_profileName = _unit getVariable["profileName", ""];

if(_profileName == "") exitWith {};

_unitFileName = format["%1_%2", _puid, (_profileName call iniDB_CRC32)];
_sectionTitle = format["%1", side _unit];

_unit setPos ([_unitFileName, _sectionTitle, "pos", "ARRAY"] call iniDB_read);

[_unit, ([_unitFileName, _sectionTitle, "loadout", "ARRAY"] call iniDB_read)] spawn setLoadout;

I reverted back to the persistentDB application from the 404Games forums :p

its awesome, but abit too much hassle te get it to work

I actually use this in my arma 3 development. I have a mod that i have been adding in "skeleton" features and i think i have this working very well actually.

Does this preform better than using a Database?
Well that sis difficult to say. With a prebuilt DB you just make your table and go but with this you have to create your own variables and public vars as well to make it work. This is a mod for devs more than server owners. It took me a while but i made it work with the help of armaholics and others.

If you have the patience and time/dedication you could implement this.

Back