Islets.

putrudius

Panthera is a single island map with a few exceptions of tiny bumps of dirt close to the shoreline.

Are you able to/willing to touch the base map itself with an update? I'm thinking specifically about smaller islets around the periphery, up to 1-2km off in some cases. These would be heli/boat accessible and great for organized gangs to set up camps, either to try and hold for a period of time or just as a temporary base during a playing session.

I've tried to add 'water bases' using primarily the pier_ class objects in the map editor, but anywhere away from direct shoreline, these don't work. I think you can hack it together by stacking stuff to get the height above seafloor, but this looks silly and tends to be helicopter-access only, which isn't great.

Alternately, would it be possible to add in the Oil Rig class of map objects so admins could fill in some of the open water around the map and achieve some of the objectives listed above.

It would give people some extra places to explore and plant a flag on. Not entirely sure what those edits would entail or if that's entirely out of scope of what it is you want to do with future versions.

Back