Issues installing

Rukio

I made a post on /r/DayZ reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/16xwg5/installation_issues_with_dayz_2017_assistance/

Extra information. I had already installed the DayZ mod before I found out about DayZ 2017. I played via Six Launcher. I installed 2017 via Commander after disliking the interface of six launcher and attempted to connect.

I've overrided the DayZ Directory in settings. I've put in the 'parameter' thing via DayZ Commander. I think I put in the proper Steam set launch thing. I've even installed the .rar and manually set the file in the Arama 2 OA directory. I tried putting in the two files via opendayz .net/index.php?threads/important-update.7127/

Screenshots are in the reddit post, any extra assistance or questions would be helpful.

Edit: I clicked 'Launch with Steam' and it gets passed the error I had. Now I have a new one, "Bad version." I manually installed and still am getting the error.

10:17 Edit: I followed "if you get bad version error download lastest beta patch, once installed go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta and copy the 2 .EXE files and paste them in to the arma 2 operation arrowhead directory here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead replacing the old one. this works for me " from here got into the server except I instantly got kicked.

10:41 PM Edit: Tried another server after being kicked multiple times from US Seattle Shinkicker, Badnoob's said I had a bunch of extra files they wouldn't let me in with.Mercz 4 Hire's German server let me on with low population. So either something is wrong with my files or I need to do something special to become allowed in to Shinkicker's Us Seattle server

11:31 PM Edit: Looking around the forums and seeing nothing about the server needed any special requirements. Will stop edits until a knight in shining armor swoops in with knowledge on how to get into the server of Us Seattle Shinkickers digs IP: 66.150.164.161:2302

Hi Rukio,

What you could do, is go to here:

C:\Users\hinds\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

And open Arma2OA.rpt

1. select all <ctrl A>

2. Copy <ctrl C>

3. Go to pastebin and paste in the text contents from the RPT and post the link here.

Maybe it's not launching as 2017, I had a similar problem when I was first trying to figure everything out. Make sure you're getting the 2017 loading screen.

Make sure your ArmA2 is updated all the way (At least 100296, if not 100679)

1Rtvd.png

And launch with -mod=@DayZ2017 in the startup parameters.

1RtvF.png

Try connecting to my server after that and see if it works, if not i can probably tell you why.
IP: 50.97.82.21:3221

Hi Rukio,

What you could do, is go to here:

C:\Users\hinds\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

And open Arma2OA.rpt

1. select all <ctrl A>

2. Copy <ctrl C>

3. Go to pastebin and paste in the text contents from the RPT and post the link here.

I received an error. I've exceeded the 500 kilobytes per paste.

Maybe it's not launching as 2017, I had a similar problem when I was first trying to figure everything out. Make sure you're getting the 2017 loading screen.

It does load with the 2017 screen.

Make sure your ArmA2 is updated all the way (At least 100296, if not 100679)

And launch with -mod=@DayZ2017 in the startup parameters.

Try connecting to my server after that and see if it works, if not i can probably tell you why.
IP: 50.97.82.21:3221

I did not have my Arma 2 updated. Trying that now. I had the launch parameters in. I will be joining shortly.

Edit: The second I log into your server it boots me without an error and sends me to the ARMA 2 OA main menu.

Edit: Now when I try to join ANY server after installing ARMA 2 from Commander I get sent back to the main menu. Blah.... I was enjoying my time on the ausdayz server and now I cannot play at all.

Make sure it's open on your firewall, and running as administrator.

Game was fine it was a few servers I couldn't join. Which included Shinkicker's server. It's allowed and running as administrator. I'm going to just completely reinstall commander and ARMA 2 OA again because updating the game on commander ruined everything.

That's weird. I've never had a problem before. I updated to 1.62, then updated beta and all worked fine. Try getting the beta from arma2.com/beta-patch.php

tryed to check file entegrity on steam? tryed reinstall? usually when an unexplained error pops up the best answer is start from scratch.
i had some issues with commander, so i made .bat files to launch DayZ with, never had issues after that.

but use dayz commander to download all dayz mods, its much easier then manual and its the same folders you end up with.

Back