Jail Script

Fr1nk

Valued Member!
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18524

Was playing around with this and it seems to work great in the editor. Install instructions are relatively clear but there's one step I'm unsure of:

Add the following line to the "init" field of each playable & non-playable "friendly" unit:
Code:
null = this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul = [_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\wrongful_kill.sqf"}];

I have no idea what to do with this since it refers to the init field of soldier units within the editor. Is this jail script portable to DayZ somehow?

Thanks for any help

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18524

Was playing around with this and it seems to work great in the editor. Install instructions are relatively clear but there's one step I'm unsure of:

Add the following line to the "init" field of each playable & non-playable "friendly" unit:
Code:
null = this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul = [_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\wrongful_kill.sqf"}];

I have no idea what to do with this since it refers to the init field of soldier units within the editor. Is this jail script portable to DayZ somehow?

Thanks for any help

write something that reads for humanity and if its above 0 then add that. then exec it from the init. That's what'd I try

Hey Matt thanks for the reply. Looking back, someone had suggested this a little while ago and a clanmate brought it up again today:

Code:
class Groups
{
items=2;
class Item0
{
side="WEST";
class Vehicles
{
items=100;
class Item0
{
position[]={-18709.713,379.10086,25923.943};
azimut=-17.0839;
id=11;
side="WEST";
vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
player="PLAY CDG";
skill=0.60000002;
init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul = [_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\wrongful_kill.sqf"}];";
};

etc

Repeat this for all 100 character entries in mission.sqm. Won't have time to test today but hoping this might work?

Hey Matt thanks for the reply. Looking back, someone had suggested this a little while ago and a clanmate brought it up again today:

Code:
class Groups
{
items=2;
class Item0
{
side="WEST";
class Vehicles
{
items=100;
class Item0
{
position[]={-18709.713,379.10086,25923.943};
azimut=-17.0839;
id=11;
side="WEST";
vehicle="Survivor1_DZ";
player="PLAY CDG";
skill=0.60000002;
init="this enableSimulation false;this allowDammage false;this disableAI 'FSM';this disableAI 'ANIM';this disableAI 'MOVE';this addEventHandler ["killed", {nul = [_this select 0, _this select 1] execVM "jail\wrongful_kill.sqf"}];";
};

etc

Repeat this for all 100 character entries in mission.sqm. Won't have time to test today but hoping this might work?

That might work too ! I can't confirm or deny as i've never seen something like that in action, but that's definitely a brilliant way to look at it!

Back