Jerry Cans and New Building Types

Deathcall

Hello everyone.

I've been working on a script to disable auto-refuel and auto-repair in Lingor. After some work I finally got it working and tested, but I've encountered a little problem.

Though I can add fuel tanks through the editor in order to give players places to refill their jerry cans (like in Chernarus), I'd like to add the Lingor Military Gas Pumps (see pics) to the list of buildings that allow players to refill their jerries.

Two problems though...

1) I look at the jerry_fill.sqf and it doesn't seem to be the script directing which buildings allow the action.
2) I can't find the class name for the Gas Pumps anywhere, I looked at many different sites but my search has, so far, been fruitless.

Can anyone help?

nva68x.jpg

5zodbn.jpg

Alright, so I solved the first problem.

The script that handles the buildings which can be used to refill a jerry can is fn_selfactions.sqf (on the DayZ Code, compile folder). The line that specifies them is number 76 and looks like this:

Code:
_isFuel = (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_Ind_TankSmall") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuel_tank_big") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_A_FuelStation_Feed") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_Ind_FuelStation_Feed_EP1") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuel_tank_stairs") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_wagon_tanker");

Now I just need to find the class names for the above mentioned buildings... anyone?

You might be able to get the name of the object if you fish through the addon folder for DayZ Lingor.
I do not have it, so I wont be able to look for the class name.
You will probably find a model with a name fitting it. Write down all likely models and put them into your server either through the instance_building table (if you have custom_buildings built with your server) or through the mission.sqm

The problem is that I don't think those gas tanks are originally from Lingor. If you go to the mod files and check the appropriate files you can see that the exclusive fueling buildings are those related to gas stations, which have custom skins to fit the spanish feel of island.

I haven't been able to find any file leading to the identity of these two ones.

Any tips as to where I should start looking?

Clear your arma2oaserver.rpt and then start up your server and look through the buildings that are generated for anything related to this.

I will download Lingor after work today and get a list of buildings and such. There really needs to be a resource for buildings and such in different maps.

I couldn't find anything of interests, and even though I poked around the lingor code for a while and came up with some building classes not available in the editor (like a big shanty or the oil-towers) I'm still missing these fuel stations and other buildings which I've seen in Lingor (like the oil-pumps at the refinery south of Victorin).

I'm pretty sure these buildings are taken from outside the mod... I'd bet Takistan... maybe I should look there?

I couldn't find anything of interests, and even though I poked around the lingor code for a while and came up with some building classes not available in the editor (like a big shanty or the oil-towers) I'm still missing these fuel stations and other buildings which I've seen in Lingor (like the oil-pumps at the refinery south of Victorin).

I'm pretty sure these buildings are taken from outside the mod... I'd bet Takistan... maybe I should look there?
It's worth a shot.
I will download Lingor overnight (I have a rather slow DSL connection) and mingle through it tomorrow after work.

Solved.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_CfgVehicles

The first building is "Land_fuelstation_army", the second "Land_fuelstation".

So, in order to make people able to refill jerries at them, here's how the code on your fn_selfactions.sqf should look:

Code:
_isFuel = (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_Ind_TankSmall") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuel_tank_big") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_A_FuelStation_Feed") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_Ind_FuelStation_Feed_EP1") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuel_tank_stairs") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_wagon_tanker") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuelstation_Army") or (cursorTarget isKindOf "Land_fuelstation");

You can remove the land tanker for Lingor since there's no train tracks.

Back