Lag problems when playing on Localhost "127.0.0.1" known as the Host Machine

SparxOne

Hello everyone,

Today i am coming to you with a question a bit out of the ordinary, i am like most of you a private server owner and really enjoy this administration of a DayZ Server ! I am using DayZ CC to host my server on my OWN computer at home ! I know this is not recommended but i'm not ready to pay 30€ a month to host from a dedicated and have a community of 2-3 players a day ;)

Anyways, coming to my problem than my question ! The server itself is running perfectly fine with many mods installed, the server is not having any lag issue and runs constantly over 48fps with players online (as much as 8 players ones). So the problem i have noticed and this strangely only happens to ME playing from the machine that is hosting the server is that i get such intense server lag that it becomes impossible for me to actually interact with anything ingame (Inventory changes, loot spawn, zombie spawn and aggros), well anything that would allow a normal gameplay. Now you could ask me if this is not happening to every player on the server but apparently not since i have asked my few players about it and none told me they had those issues ! So this is clearly only happening to me playing from the machine that is hosting the server !

Now my question : Is there anyway i could somehow fix this issue about me and only me getting server lags when playing from the hosting machine ? I guess the problem is obviously from the fact that the server doesn't like having to run a client and a server on the same machine but since i do not have a choice at the moment i have to continue that way. The funny thing as well is that i have noticed while playing with those few players that if they were close to me, the loot spawn would work and the zombie spawn also (normal since they don't have those lags) but than as soon as i find myself alone, i basically end up walking in an empty world...

Anyways, enough said and explained, now i'm just hoping to see a solution come up from one of you <3

One idea i had in mind but havn't tried yet is hosting the server from a Virtual Machine on my OWN computer and than play from the main session (Windows) ? If i'm not stupid, since a virtual machine acts like as if it was a second computer, i guess that the server would therefore consider me as a true client playing from a different machine than the hosting machine ?

Cheers, SparxOne

What are the specs of your computer? from the sounds of it the server is eating all your cpu power which leaves you game with nothing to play with. When there is lag on the client it is down to the game not processing VM code which is what handles everything in dayZ. Zombie Spawns, Loot spawns, in game events like ticking down your food and water will run at an extremely slow rate because your client side fps is so low.

Thanks for the reply mate !

Ok my Computer specs are :

Operating System: Windows 7 Édition Intégrale 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

PS : My game does not lag spec wise, i am running with 40+ FPS even when having that problem server wise. (Just making sure you have the most info)

Cheers, SparxOne

Well that killed my theory, I run an i7 @ 4.8Ghz and do my server testing exactly the same, I just tried again with my overclock reset and played fine, You may want to track your cpu data to see if it is something else eating your cpu. Else there is another reason behind the lag.

use VMWare as i recommended in a couple of other threads. I have the same machine specs, and used to host a fully loaded 50 people wasteland server AND played on it.

cheers, Sarge

VMWare is the way forward, I only haev a Q6600 clocked to 3.6 and I can host 10 player on VMWare and play without any extra lag.

use VMWare as i recommended in a couple of other threads. I have the same machine specs, and used to host a fully loaded 50 people wasteland server AND played on it.

Ok thanks for the info ! Will definitely give it a try than :)

VMWare is the way forward, I only haev a Q6600 clocked to 3.6 and I can host 10 player on VMWare and play without any extra lag.

Same as Sarge, thanks for conferming the info !

Cheers, SparxOne

Back to you guys for a quick question here :)

Since i'm going down on the VMware machine, i'd like to know exactly what needs to be installed on it ? I mean my game folder is 29Gigs... Do i have to reinstal Steam, the game and all the things just like on the main Windows ?

Cheers, SparxOne

You'll need these things:

- Steam if you've bought ArmA 2 there
- MySQL server
- ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA, Beta patch and ofc the DayZ mod you run ( DayZ, Taviana, 2017 etc)

That should be pretty much all you need (apart from your obvious things)

You'll need these things:

- Steam if you've bought ArmA 2 there
- MySQL server
- ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA, Beta patch and ofc the DayZ mod you run ( DayZ, Taviana, 2017 etc)

That should be pretty much all you need (apart from your obvious things)

Alright, thanks for the reply ! Will be adding those than :)

Cheers, SparxOne

steam isnt needed.

just copy your OA directory, DayZ and import the registry part that holds the keys ...

Ok i'm back again after some setting up and testing... Not very fruitful after all :p

Here is the problem i'm getting : The server has been set on the VM machine, it does start properly, i can access everything from the VM itself but now the server is only working locally on the VM, i cannot connect to it from any other computer... What could be the solution ?

Cheers, SparxOne

check the VMWare network settings - you can adjust that there

Ok thanks, got it working now :) I effectively had to change network settings before starting the VM machine. For anyone that would like to know : Edit the VMware hardware before starting it, in the Network Adapter tab, choose bridged connection and tick the "Replicate physical state..."

Now i'll just have to hope i don't get those lags anymore ! And again, thanks a lot you guys for helping me :)

EDIT : Just wanted to make something clear here, i have just found out the whole problem that was causing this whole issue of lags ! The problem was actually coming from the "@CBA_CO" mod running with the game ! Since i play using JSRS 1.5 i thought CBA_CO was needed since people say you cannot use JSRS without it, therefore i was running both, just tried now without CBA and the lags are gone and JSRS still works (Tested this with CBA activated and CBA deacitvated on the server running the VM machine by the way).

Cheers, SparxOne

Back