Loot , Start-out Gear , and General DataBase

Manie Booyse

Hey Guys

I am wondering if there is someone that can assist in editing the MYSQL database "Gear Start out loot" and some general info and help with the SAHRANI database structure.

If you want to change our random spawn gear you will need to edit dayz_server\compile\server_playerLogin.sqf line 100-102.
Code:
_mags = getArray (_config >> "magazines");
_wpns = getArray (_config >> "weapons");
_bcpk = getText (_config >> "backpack");
to something like
Code:
_mags = ["ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"];
_wpns = [];
_bcpk = [];

What help do you need about our database structure? There isn't really much changes yet. Still same database structure you would get with official hive files.

Thank you sir !!! exactly what I wanted ! : ) +1

May I add that you guys really have excellent support as apposed to the other dayz developers that I have dealt with.

Database support , We still use the BLISS and Reality Hives so I am use to it but it looks like your database structure is sort of the same as pawn0zor's structure which I still need to understand.. its allot smaller than bliss and the other flavors out there.

Gr8soloman

I changed it like you showed and still not getting any different gear. How do you change it to not random but to a regular loudout?

Changing the code as Seven showed in post #2 changes it from random "get array" to being defined.

Why not put exactly what yours says now. For example below would give you painkillers, 2 bandages.
_mags = ["ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage"];
_wpns = [];
_bcpk = [];

Well we did do that but the items were still random and the same as before. Sounds like the server is not updating the server pbo or something and still going from the original server_pbo file. Hmm when you guys add stuff to the server_pbo and its all packed , do u just restart the server and wallah?

I would delete the old file the paste the new file in when doing this make sure the server is down then start the server back up and it should work. The server can only use one file so it can't be 2 the . I hope this helps :)

I must Agree I have tested it as-well

_mags = getArray (_config >> "magazines");
_wpns = getArray (_config >> "weapons");

Works !
But

I have tried this , but at no success

_mags = ("ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemMap");
_wpns = ("M9SD");
_bcpk = ("DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1");

Is there no way we can use the DATABASE to spawn said items ?

I hope you're not using "()". They need to be in "[]" to be an Array.

Danny: I'll try changing these and report back, but honestly I don't see how this can't work. Pretty straightforward. Only thing I can think of is however you are exec the arma2oaserver.exe you're mod line is pointing to the wrong hive folder.

guys it should look like this

_mags = ["ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMap","ItemFlashlight"];
_wpns = [];
_bcpk = [];

you cant use the ("ItamPainkiller") as a code it will not work at all
i hope this helps to get it working ?

also backpacks must be done like so:
["DZ_Patrol_Pack_EP1",[[],[]],[[],[]]]
ItemMap is a weapon not a mag too.

I know this is a little off topic but I see other people get a vehicle count in their server, where do they see how many vehicles they have? Also is there any sort of admin tools that can work on this map so we can do our server tests better?

As it shouldn't be. You got bigger fish to fry...mmmmm...fish. Um, yea everyone admins their server differently. Some use DayZ CC some do it the old fashion way with a .bat file and phpMyAdmin.
In phpMyAdmin you can just click object_data table and it will give you the total objects. This is a mix of vehicles and crafted objects.

Any word on admin tools. It would be great to get some point and click type of program. We have seen in our data base guys log and then log back in WITH NOTHING. I had to go in and adjust there gear by data base using Navicat Editor Database.
I used some good programs like stated above but would like to see something new!

Has the loadout routine changed? I modified the server_playerLogin.sqf as above to this;
Code:
    //Record initial inventory
    _config = (configFile >> "CfgSurvival" >> "Inventory" >> "Default");
    _mags = ["15Rnd_W1866_Slug","ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage"];
    _wpns = ["Winchester1866"];
    _randomSpot = true;

//Wait for HIVE to be free
    _key = format["CHILD:203:%1:%2:%3:",_charID,[_wpns,_mags],[_bcpk,[],[]]];
    _key call server_hiveWrite;

however I still get a random loadout on a fresh spawn. If I amend the backpack line to read _bcpk =[]; then new spawns time out and the backpack inventory in the database reads [],[],[] instead of ["",[[],[]],[[],[]]]

I really do not know, I was hoping that Graf or Cookiezzz would answer, but they have not.

I know we moved to 1.7.6 base, and on that switch the official team did something for force random gear, I know there is a way around it but do not know the technical details.

I will try to round up an answer for you from one of the more experienced admins.

Back