I too am very interested in a way to actually add items to current Loot Tables, if this is even possible... My server is using rMod to get rid of some of the vehicle- and weapon bans, vehicles are working nicely but I would want some of the other weapons to spawn in DayZ loot piles instead of vehicle inventories which is the best workaround I've come up with so far...
Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Edit: Thought I'd mention if the players would have to download a new mission file while joining my server, that's fine. Might be that this is already possible but I haven't been able to find anything thus far
Edit 2: I made some progress on my research, it seems I need to unpack dayz_code.pbo and edit CfgBuildingLoot.sqf however, this file isn't inside said PBO File, nor is it for other maps such as Panthera - Has there been some recent changes as to how this works?
Edit 3: Managed to edit my Loot Tables, the CfGBuildingLoot.sqf seem to have been removed and you now have to edit Config.cpp to add new weapons to the loot table. However there are 2 huge drawbacks to this;
1. You have to edit dayz_code.pbo in order to edit the loot table. This file can't be distributed by the server itself, so you would personally have to distribute it.
2. Since you've edited dayz_code.pbo, the signature will no longer be the same. You would have to disable signature checking on your server in order to play it, which a lot of people out there think is not an option.
I have not yet found anything even remotely close to an alternative way to do this other than actually replacing weapons ingame as linked above. If possible, it would be nice if Bliss could find a way to override the default loot tables by one that is stored in a SQL Database, similar to that of how you can set your own starting loadout!