Loot/Zombies Not Spawning

Ocleron

While test our new private server and roaming around in towns we have noticed that zombies and loot do not spawn reliably. I know that there is always a chance for them not to spawn. Most times an initial pack of zombies and loot will spawn as you get within range of buildings, but as you continue through the town loot and zombies stop spawning. We are running 1.7.4.4 Chenarus. Thank you for your help.

it is because of how the dayz spawn mechanics work. zombies generally spawn if your on foot and within 200m ( a slight exception with helicopters) there is a max zombie spawn and a timer system, after a zombie is killed there is a countdown before it can re spawn, this changes depending on the building for example a barracks has a much shorter timer than a barn, i believe there is also a limit to the zombies that can spawn in one area, but this is just something iv noticed from experience.

LOOT SYSTEM
if you do enough digging through game code you find out that the way loot spawns is if a player is under 120m away from a building but over 30m from it a 10min timer is started, when the timer hits zero the loot spawns, when a loot pile is empty the timer starts again. (*loot wont spawn if you are under 30m from the building even when the timer has ran out, unless someone else fits the above distance criteria from the building to make the loot spawn*)

hope this helps you alittle. its a frustrating part of dayz at times, especially on hostile servers at barracks :(

Spawns dependes of the city too, and the power of your processor too, zeds and loot that doesn´t spawn quicly if you go on foot its a strong signal of bandwidth or resources problem of the server, check that too.

thanks for the insight guys, its definitely not an issue with hardware, im thinking it has to do with what kheldar explained, as right now im the only person in my server since im doing some testing and running it behind a firewall on a local machine to work out the quirks before i upload to my colo box

one thing ive not been able to get working correctly is the custom loot table for heli crash drops, but im not sure that its actually something ive done wrong or just the chance of whats dropping at the helic crash as using default system i still get multiple fn fals sometimes or other items so it may have been working correctly, just it seems that more heli crash sight wont spawn anything when i use the custom loot table for it

Back