Low grade military

Naetschie

Hello every1,

first i want to thank you, for releasing that one. It's a very nice mod, and i liked how helpfull ppl can be.

But in fact of the durabilty of some weapons, i would like to see some "you can't get them destroyed" weapons like the differnt kind of AKs. Not the AKs with optics or stuff, but the ones with iron sights, and very very rare ammo.

The other thing that came to my mind is: if all "good" weapons are thrown away, is it possible to spawn them "rusty" and with no ammo, so you can wear one, but defenitly can't us it.

Thats all atm ;)

Yeah, i kinda agree with this. At the moment the variety of weapons are really small, the two top tier weapons are Winchester and Enfield. It's kinda cool, but couple more weapons could be really useful. You could also add some custom weapons from Arma 2, not sure which ones but some of the low tier ones, simmilar to Enfield.. just to change it up. I agree with Naetschie, about adding M16 and Ak47 for example, they got shit iron sights, and if they would be extremely hard to find, the ammo would be extremely hard to find.. the players would have something to go for. Some of the Iron-sighted Assult rifles would be a nice addition, nothing over the top. Maybe a MP5?

I hear you and its on the cards we will be extending the weapons available and they will be re-skinned, hopefully going to add some more melee weapons too. I won't say what as yet, as I need to work on it a little more.

For the first release we wanted to just see how it was played out and then start to shape from there.

But I am being very careful here, because as soon as one type of gun makes it in game it justifies others coming in too.

It'd be great if you limited it to czech and soviet weapons without optics. But, I think automatic weapons are a bad idea. First, they'd be the first weapons to run out of ammo, as they would be the first grabbed and first used during that 5 years. And, the one thing I'd love to see less of is ammo. I don't think guns should spawn with ammo and it should be much more rare and have it spawn only in, say, deer stands - that would spread it out and keep people moving around the map. Make it so that people really have to judge whether or not it's worth taking a shot at something, be it an animal or a person.

Also, it's way too easy to get a gun at the moment. I wish there were more melee weapons. But, in terms of other weapons that would fit in: the CZ75 pistol, and the Duty variation which looks like it has a flashlight, maybe the Mosin Nagant without a scope... so many of these were made, that they would certainly be around this area - though ammo could be made to be really, really rare and small round clips.

Sounds like we are on the right track, weapons and vehicles should not be too rare but gas and ammo should be, then we only need to be able to use them as a blunt weapons also. ;)

Would it be possible to make some weapons work like vehicles in the way that there are a max amount on the server? Maybe make the person drop it if he logs out and have it respawn after specific amount of time, but if you put it in a tent/vehicle it stays there (until that items despawns).
I don't know I like the idea myself because first they are hard to find and then you might lose them quickly, but maybe if tweaked right it could work.

I would like to see the CZ550, reskinned of course, in the game. Its a nice civilian hunting rifle. Also would like to see the AKS added. Its the civilian version of the AK47. Maybe even take the automatic fire mode out of it.

Back