Making my server start at 1600, with time moving forward until server restart

piff

On my 1.7.6.1 server I somehow had it that I could set the time at 1600 and have 5 hour reset at 2100, so as to have day/night in each restart

since 1.7.7.1 came out, I cant do this.

how can I do this or is it possible? please help!

[Date]
Type = Local
Year = 2012
Month = 1
Date = 1
[Time]
Type = Static
Offset = 0
Hour = 12
[Database]
Type = MySQL
Host = 127.0.0.1
Port = 3306
Database = xxxxxxx
Username = xxxxxxx
Password = xxxxxxx
[Logger]
Level = information
ConsoleLevel = information
SeparateConsole = False
[Characters]
[Objects]

Hour being the key. Currently your server starts at 12.

To have it start at 4pm. Change the 12 to 16

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Wrong. It rotates on till restart
I used to start mine 6.

Just do it. And make sure you have a watch you'll see the time ticking away :p

Wrong. It rotates on till restart
I used to start mine 6.

Just do it. And make sure you have a watch you'll see the time ticking away :p

I was just on server, it was 1830.... everyone was waiting for night time, then, it went back to 1400...

time moves forward, gets to a certain point, goes back...its been doing this all day... everyone keeps asking when will night come...

is there something wrong with my time sync, its getting really annoying

Funny that you mention it, have had the same issue on my overwatch/reality server. The clock moves, the sun/moon doesn't. As a test, i've started it at midnight on the 10th of September. Moon was right above my head , after a few minutes it jumped back to what it would look like at 19:00pm and sat there for 3 hours.

RPT shows that the time is moving and synchronizing correctly but the mission seems to disregard that for whatever reason.

Funny that you mention it, have had the same issue on my overwatch/reality server. The clock moves, the sun/moon doesn't. As a test, i've started it at midnight on the 10th of September. Moon was right above my head , after a few minutes it jumped back to what it would look like at 19:00pm and sat there for 3 hours.

RPT shows that the time is moving and synchronizing correctly but the mission seems to disregard that for whatever reason.

sad, dayz is so full of bugs and hackers. I spend more time and money paying for a server and trying to fix it and make it stable then I do playing it....

Im just wonder, does the date have anything to do with the time, or weather, or its just there for decoration and has no effect?

The date does have everything to do with time and weather. In Arma2 at least. Forgot to mention that changing my date to static on hive.ini has done jack, .rpt reported that it was 2012/6/6. Changed the date on the server_cleanup.fsm instead.
.rpt still reported it was 2012/6/6.

Set server back to static daytime and never looked back.

The date does have everything to do with time and weather. In Arma2 at least. Forgot to mention that changing my date to static on hive.ini has done jack, .rpt reported that it was 2012/6/6. Changed the date on the system_cleanup.fsm instead. .rpt still reported it was 2012/6/6. Set server back to static daytime and never looked back.

but my goal was to have 2 hours of day and 2 hours of night, setting it to daytime all day is kind of taking the realness out of the game.

im just curious, do you pay for a dedicated server , or host it on your PC?

Unrealistic and boring. But than again I don't really play anymore as not many cares about the survival aspect - which was the only reason i got hooked back in the days. Paying a co-lo plan.

Back