Map/Feature Suggestions Thread!

I realy like wind effects and sounds.
More dynamic weather like rain, storm or snow.
I've set it up on my server.
I also added fog for some valeys in map and some hours of day and night.

it makes the game more immersive and changes from banal servers

it would be very cool if you can choose in start are you: engineer, medic, cop/soldier, woodsman, bandit/thief etc .... and medic has medical loot in start gear and something like that or only medic can give bloodtrafusion or engineer repair engines and tires and this would be nice ! http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12192 and please add one thermal weapon atleast very rare . If u can shoot from a car, car chases are gonna be awesomeness ....

Please add stream friendly UI. Remove the player name from the inventory and map screens. BrokenPoint became hugely popular for this very reason.

Autorefueling could be added. I would say make it fill up slow though. That's how I run it on my server just so people can zoom into a gas station and be gone in 10 seconds. Making it slow helps to create encounters between players. Any chance of adding AI also?

it would be very cool if you can choose in start are you: engineer, medic, cop/soldier, woodsman, bandit/thief etc .... and medic has medical loot in start gear and something like that or only medic can give bloodtrafusion or engineer repair engines and tires and this would be nice ! http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12192 and please add one thermal weapon atleast very rare . If u can shoot from a car, car chases are gonna be awesomeness ....

I was taking a look at the ballistic sheilds, maybe in a future update.

Autorefueling could be added. I would say make it fill up slow though. That's how I run it on my server just so people can zoom into a gas station and be gone in 10 seconds. Making it slow helps to create encounters between players. Any chance of adding AI also?
Ai, is a thought, maybe just when server pop is low, but refueling has already been added

Slow refueling should be like at least 5 minutes. And there should be limited supplies of gas. I'd rather see no auto refuel and the tanks around the map have a random, limited amount left in them.

Also it should have the possibility of the gas going bad and it blow up your engine. Gas doesn't sit well for a long time.

Slow refueling should be like at least 5 minutes. And there should be limited supplies of gas. I'd rather see no auto refuel and the tanks around the map have a random, limited amount left in them.

Also it should have the possibility of the gas going bad and it blow up your engine. Gas doesn't sit well for a long time.

I'd laugh but I don't think you're joking.

Anyway, here are some suggestions from someone who has more fun doing rather than waiting:

POI's (custom towns, other non-standard locations etc.) marked on map
Additional military loot areas closer to coast(if they don't already exist)
More plentiful vehicle spawns
Tow & Lift

And remember all you realism junkies and self torturers, most of the features in DayZ Civilian can be tweaked server side, so you don't need to decry other people's suggestions as making the game "too easy", you can just find a server that supports your particular playstyle.

This is probably because I am a little anal about things being perfect, but the map needs to be cleaned up. There are buildings that half cover roads when there is be need to. Some cover railroad tracks. I think some should be removed to help with FPS issues.

Berezino doesn't really need 6-7 skyscrapers. I didn't see any loot inside the tents in the Berezino stadium and I don't think those spawn loot anyways, so it would be nice to see those changed out.

There is a helicopter that spawns right by a gas station outside of Elektro and it disappears if you try to get in it.

I know it's alpha and I am just tossing out some ideas.

This is probably because I am a little anal about things being perfect, but the map needs to be cleaned up. There are buildings that half cover roads when there is be need to. Some cover railroad tracks. I think some should be removed to help with FPS issues.

Berezino doesn't really need 6-7 skyscrapers. I didn't see any loot inside the tents in the Berezino stadium and I don't think those spawn loot anyways, so it would be nice to see those changed out.

There is a helicopter that spawns right by a gas station outside of Elektro and it disappears if you try to get in it.

I know it's alpha and I am just tossing out some ideas.

They spawn loot, idk why they did not work for you. Working on Berenzino after we have Elektro and Chernogorsk all fixed up

Building heights and locations need to be fixed up pretty bad. Many of the skyscrapers in electro are hovering 10 feet in the air, and one building has train tracks that go through the middle of it. Plus many of the skyscrapers are kinda stuck in odd places that wouldn't make any sense in a city like area. Should be more in a commercial center or near other high traffic areas of a city.

Building heights and locations need to be fixed up pretty bad. Many of the skyscrapers in electro are hovering 10 feet in the air, and one building has train tracks that go through the middle of it. Plus many of the skyscrapers are kinda stuck in odd places that wouldn't make any sense in a city like area. Should be more in a commercial center or near other high traffic areas of a city.

They were fixed a long time ago. the server you are playing on does not have th most recent Mission File. The recent mission file is optimized a lot

They were fixed a long time ago. the server you are playing on does not have th most recent Mission File. The recent mission file is optimized a lot
Newer than 1.0.1? Where can I find a server newer than that? Maybe I just need to go back to running my own server.

I'm not good with English. I use a translator.
I have many ideas that I brought to your server, such as:
-Removing the skin from a dead character. for your fashion can do so. Remove from spawn many skins, but put obsolyutno skin at random occurrence. Kill is not just for beans, but also for the skin =)
-Animated Helicrash, beautiful, their number is steadily increasing with the start of the server.
-a blood transfusion at a high humanity.
-Also, if you have the opportunity to change skins when the humanity (different skins and bandit hero) as the original
-Many players want to build ... you can add a way to build or add a variety of facilities. (subject to certain resources)
-You can also make the danger zone (radiation or something similar), but also added a rare skin, which protects against that.
-add more Russian cars, such as "UAZ 451", Ural, KAMAZ, all kinds of buses Russian type. (that I've seen on sites with mods, there is the option to add =))
- To spawn major Russian weapons, and everything else on the type of NATO in special places, some military bases.
- To blow the zombies as in 2017, that displayed on the screen blood. You can do that would have been a very strong zombie, went slowly, but applied a lot of damage
There are many ideas, do not list all =) made the main ... oh yes, I almost forgot, most importantly, please do so, that would break the bones stop =)

Clear the roads of all the excessive junk that Rocket added to Chermarus map

http://killzonekid.com/how-to-clear-chernarus-of-all-the-junk-rocket-put-on-it/

This also removes the military outposts at Balota, Stary and Berezino. You have done a good job with the map and rebuilding those 3 areas will allow you to make Civilian completely unique and yours. Balota has so much potential with the medical tents removed. There is so much space there and it's flat for great additions.

Clear the roads of all the excessive junk that Rocket added to Chermarus map

http://killzonekid.com/how-to-clear-chernarus-of-all-the-junk-rocket-put-on-it/

This also removes the military outposts at Balota, Stary and Berezino. You have done a good job with the map and rebuilding those 3 areas will allow you to make Civilian completely unique and yours. Balota has so much potential with the medical tents removed. There is so much space there and it's flat for great additions.

Yeah, definately, some stuff doesnt even need to be there. Will definately consider it

Not even sure if this is possible but... a barricade system.

If the zombie apocalypse happens, there will definitely be number of people who barricade themselves indoors. I think a decent system would be to spawn armed NPCs inside barricaded warehouses/houses/etc. Assuming that the NPCs had a stash of guns, food and ammo, you may risk breaking in and combatting them.

this type of system might also give some purpose to the crowbar. I would suspect that the sound that occurs when using the crowbar to "unlock" a barricade would not only alert surrounding zombies, but also alert NPCs to your attempts to break into their building. This puts you at a disadvantage, but if you can pull it off, it might be worth it... or then again... the house might have a couple of NPCs with 2 makarovs and a can of coke that you just risked your life for.

definitely a decent meta game to think about

Back