Map Porting PLEASE HELP!!

keith fitzgerald

Staff member
im wanting to port an arma 2 map to dayz but have failed :-(
please can somone help. whatever i do it still pulls up cherno map and not mine. i have tried everything and looked through tons of code but now im just stuck.

Which server release are you using?

You will need to add the map to the server.cfg and have it as an addon in the mission.sqm.

Can you post your files to pastebin? If you want to keep the map name under wraps for now, just rename it to 'NewMapName'.

hey thanks for the reply :)
im running 1.7.7.1.

what files do you need ? can upload them to pastebin just let me know what files are needed i need to do or upload and i will get it done asap thanks man.

thanks again for your reply ive been stuck at this for so long it was starting to depress me lol

No worries, I am sure we can get you sorted.

Now first off, you should be running a server of some sort (Maybe reality or pwnoz0rs build)?

If we take pwnoz0rs as example, there will be a mission file:

https://github.com/Pwnoz0r/DayZ-Private-Server/blob/master/MPMissions/dayz_1.Chernarus/mission.sqm

In there you will see...

version=11;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus",
"ca_modules_animals",
"dayz_anim",
"dayz_code",
"dayz_communityassets",
"dayz_weapons",
"dayz_equip",
"dayz_vehicles",
"cacharacters_pmc",
"ca_modules_functions"
};

You would need to change the following entry to your map name "chernarus",

So if your map is called 'Slough' then it would be "slough",

And same again towards the end of the file:

class OutroWin
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=4081731;
class Intel
{
startWeather=0.25;
forecastWeather=0.25;
year=2008;
month=10;
day=11;
hour=9;
minute=20;
};
};
class OutroLoose
{
addOns[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"chernarus"
};
randomSeed=4975929;
class Intel
{
startWeather=0.25;
forecastWeather=0.25;
year=2008;
month=10;
day=11;
hour=9;
minute=20;
};
};

After that you need to configure the server.cfg file

https://github.com/Pwnoz0r/DayZ-Private-Server/blob/master/cfgdayz/server.cfg

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class DayZ
{
template = dayz_1.Chernarus;
difficulty = "Regular";
};
};

After that if you database is running (the hive) and you have the mod loaded, for example -mod=@dayz;@slough the
map should load up fine. If you have the same buildings as Chernarus, then you should see Zombies and loot spawning
around the buildings.

Thanks, Shinkicker we have now ported the map but have included it into the mod after further research, this is a work in progress and the map we have chosen hasn't be seen or chosen for any mod, we hope to bring a different aspect to the DayZ series and hope everyone enjoys it. We plan to release when we are certain there is no bug's , no issue's and all features work, then it will be release to the community for further testing. We have chosen a different approach for the mod unlike most currently availiable mods, we are reconfigering all the original dayz files to ensure outstanding gameplay & outstanding performance for our players, the main goal is to make it run smoother. We are taking the time to recode most of the sqf files to ensure load in times are the best to ensure quicker spawn in times and general running of the mod, We plan to have the mod released to the public for testing in the next 2-4 weeks.

Thanks,
[DayZSO] xDeejayCrazyx

shinkicker
were ready for the forum to be set up if the offer is still their. We have the new map ported to dayZ 1.8 and 90% of the mod is done and near testing phase.

Many thanks for your help and the offer of the forum creation :)

Back