Menu glitch/flicker

termy

Hi, I have a days st sever running tavi.
I have a small problem in the way of the scrolling menu being a bit glitched.
I have edited my map with a few new buildings and stuff and ive included a service station and some weapon caches, but when anyone goes to use them, the menu becomes really glitchy.
Some times you can look through the boxes or refuel at the service station, but most of the time you cant get into the boxes. The menu kind of flickers too fast to pick gear to repair/refuel.

Any one got any ideas that may help

Cheers
Termy

The menus are blocked by an antihack (whether it be default dayz one or one you added yourself, its blocked.)

Hi Matt. Is there anything i can do to get around this problem? I dont believe its anything ive done myself as all of my scripts have pretty much come from this site anyway. Usually for the first few minutes in the server, everything seems fine but then after a while is when i get the problem.
Any help you can provide will be greatfully receieved.
Many thx mate
Termy

If you are using an antihack (either x00's, blurs, hangenders, infistars, whatever) you'll have to control + f for the _cmenu line that looks like
Code:
_cMenuDefault = [""""]

make that look like

Code:
_cMenuDefault = ["""",""#USER:Menu1name"",""#USER:Menu2name""]

Obviously have to change "Menu1name" and such to the names of your menus. (can be found in the menu files, like so
Code:
["Select Class", [2], "#USER:Donor", -5, [["expression", ""]], "1", "1"],
)

Thanks for the quick reply Matt. You may have well spoken russian to me there mate lol. Im running a dayz.st server with bliss database. Ive not installed any antihack so i dont know if what you said above applies. Would the server have its own anithack? if so, how would i alter that.

many thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Matt. You may have well spoken russian to me there mate lol. Im running a dayz.st server with bliss database. Ive not installed any antihack so i dont know if what you said above applies. Would the server have its own anithack? if so, how would i alter that.

many thanks

in your init.sqf disable the lines that say REsec and antihack either by // them or by removing them

cheers matt ur a gent. Would that be in the mission pbo or server pbo?
If i may be cheeky as to ask you one more question? Ive edited my map now several times as i keep updating it, but when i add in gates on bases, for some reason they glitch and add 1 more gate on each server restart. Any ideas why that may be?

Once again, thanks for your help. Im a fast learner ;)

ok ive looked in the init.sqf and cant see anything like you have said. This is my init file.:
Also, as for adding in stuff in the 3d map editor, ive used this guide here on youtube:

everything else in the map works fine. Just problems with gates and the anti hack.

Code:
startLoadingScreen ["","DayZ_loadingScreen"];
enableSaving [false, false];

dayZ_instance = 1036;    //The instance
hiveInUse    =    true;
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf"; //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

// (Taviana) Override some of the variables:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\kh\dayztaviana\init\variables.sqf";

// Load in the settings compiles:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\kh\dayztaviana\settingsinit\kh_compiles.sqf";

diag_log "Started executing user settings file.";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "settings.sqf";
diag_log "Finished executing user settings file.";

progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";    //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf"; //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;

// (Taviana) Don't call the regular compile:
// call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

// (Taviana) Instead, call a copy of the DayZ 1.7.4.4 compiles:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\kh\dayztaviana\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions

// (Taviana) Set up the for maule multiplayer prop hit support:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\khr\maule\scripts\maule_init.sqf";

/*
The Bliss package system works a bit like sticking your arm in a bunch
of snake nests and noticing you don't always get bitten. In this case
we got bitten; this line is to fool the merge process:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf"; //Compile regular functions
*/

progressLoadingScreen 1.0;

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];
//enableRadio false;

"filmic" setToneMappingParams [0.153, 0.357, 0.231, 0.1573, 0.011, 3.750, 6, 4]; setToneMapping "Filmic";

if (isServer) then {
    hiveInUse = true;
    _serverMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
    0 fadeSound 0;
    0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

// Extra actions for Taviana:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";
};
[] ExecVM "custom_monitor.sqf";
//R3F Towing and shit (Heli lift and Tow)
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";

edit: also getting multiple doors in barracks the same as the gates lol

Back