Migrating server to new computer.

Papahyooie

Hi everyone. I have recently attempted to migrate my server to a new computer. I am running Pwnoz0r's pack. I installed windows, installed all of the requisite software, and then I figured I could just copy/paste my server folder. Needless to say it didn't work. I got the server pretty much running fine as far as I can tell, but I can no longer log in. It doesn't seem to upload the mission file to the client, and then when it gets finished loading, it tells me that the server is running an incorrect version of the server software. You cannot play on this server.

It is not a version mismatch, as would seem the case at first glance, because I have not updated anything, and was just playing on it the day before. It seems to have something to do with a corrupt database (character information) from what I have been reading and searching on google about it.

Does anyone have any information on how to migrate a server to a new computer, or better yet, to fix this error? (If I can't fix it, then I will have to restart with a clean database because the files on the previous computer are no longer accessable. So fixing the error is preferrable, but not a crisis situation. ) Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

A little update... I have reinstalled the server from scratch using Pwnoz0r's pack. I have also reinstalled my dayz client from scratch. Still the same problem.

When I start the server everything runs fine, but when I try to log in, it gives me the error, and what is odd is that the hive never starts up. Mysqld is running, but it never calls the hive to start up. I do not know if this is the cause of the error, or the effect of the error.

Last edited:
Well, thanks to all the people that viewed and didn't reply. I found the answer. For the sake of anyone who happens to google this later, here is the issue:

To a server owner: (this will not help if you have this error and can't play on someone else's server) If you have just installed windows on your machine that you're using to host the server, you need to install the latest Microsoft Visual Studio C++ redistributable package. The problem is that the hive is not initializing due to this not having been installed. If you just installed windows then it will not have had time to get this update automatically, so just go to microsoft dot com, and install the latest package. Hope this helps.

Back