Mission System - Novy Sobor Fix

Alright, so I see this question asked a lot and haven't seen a fix for it. I was messing around with the settings on my test server and pretty sure I found a fix. I wasn't sure which one would spawn the Novy mission, so I changed it so every mission spawns off a bit from the original mission locations. You will notice your missions will be in different spot, but in my opinion it keeps things kinda fresh, new. Obviously you can change this to what you want. If anyone else posted this, I'm sorry for the double post, I must not have looked hard enough. I'm sure someone found a fix for this and I'm not taking credit for the fix, just posting something I found by accident =p

You edit your SM1 through SM6. I edited them all in the Major and Minor folders.

This is the line you want to look for:
_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Then all you do is change the numbers. I changed mine like this:
_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5000,10,0,1250,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

From my understanding, this takes the spawn location and offsets it a bit. The missions will spawn near Novy. I had a few spawn Outside of Stary and a few East of Novy. Been running my missions for 4 days now without having the Novy bugged spawn. I'm obviously not really good at scripting and still really new, but if there's something you need help with, don't hesitate to ask, if I can't help you, I'm sure someone on this forum can.

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:scripting:bis_fnc_findsafepos

Code:
BIS_fnc_findSafePos
How to find safe position with open ground etc.

Please read BIS_fnc_SpawnGroup how to place Functions manager gamelogic and to check if its running and initialized.

Parameter    Description
1    Position
2    Minimum distance
3    Maximum distance
4    Maximum distance from nearest object
5    0 - cant be in water, 1 - ?
6    Terrain gradient (how steep terrain)
7    0 - shore mode; does not have to be in shore
_newPos = [_pos, 0, 500, 30, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

If the function can't find a position that fits the variables you set it defaults to the center of the map which is Novy in the case of Chernarus.

You can hardcode coordinates for the missions or you can loosen the parameters (which often ends up with missions in trees and on steep hillsides).

Back