My First Experience with DayZ 2017...

Cpt0bv1us

As a fresh spawn, I made my way to Chernogorsk. As a DayZ vet, I figured the best way to go, as I had always done, was to head west. My first long while was just running, killing the occasional zombie, and hiding from a group of ax wielding murderers that just so happened to be going to Chernogorsk as well. Scavenging the city was not easy with these two, but I managed. As I made my way north, I was desperate for food and water, having found none in Cherno. Luckily enough I found myself a cow and a pond, conveniently next to each other. Continuing north, I found I was constantly getting lost, running in circles, and truly accomplishing nothing. I went to the same hunting stand 3 times in a row before I realized where I was at. This was all because I had become dependent on the waypoint luxury of many DayZ servers. This was a habbit that needed breaking.

Made it all the way to Myshkinko when a conversation arose in the "command" channel. The man claimed to have seen a bus, needing quite a bit of work, sitting in Polana. Tired of running around the map aimlessly, I decided to run from Myshkinko all the way to Polana. Ironic that I no longer wished to run, yet I did based on a suspicious comment. Did I mention this was for a BUS!?! For those of you that don't know, thats a 14 kilometer run, about 45 minutes. It turned out to be an hour, due to other players and scavenging. During my travels I witnessed a murder, a really anti-climactic chase between two players (of which I tried to intervene but the Winchester is useless at range), and stopped for a chat with a couple of survivors.

This made me realize that this is what I really wanted in a survival game. You set your own goals, deal with the problems at hand, and just live in the moment. I found myself completely immersed in the game, something I had longed for in these survival type games. Gone were the days of NVG's and .50 caliber sniper rifles. Suffice to say, I am thoroughly impressed with ShinKicker's work, and I thought I should share my first experience with you all. I hope you have enjoyed the read.
-Cpt0bv1us​

As a fresh spawn, I made my way to Chernogorsk. As a DayZ vet, I figured the best way to go, as I had always done, was to head west. My first long while was just running, killing the occasional zombie, and hiding from a group of ax wielding murderers that just so happened to be going to Chernogorsk as well. Scavenging the city was not easy with these two, but I managed. As I made my way north, I was desperate for food and water, having found none in Cherno. Luckily enough I found myself a cow and a pond, conveniently next to each other. Continuing north, I found I was constantly getting lost, running in circles, and truly accomplishing nothing. I went to the same hunting stand 3 times in a row before I realized where I was at. This was all because I had become dependent on the waypoint luxury of many DayZ servers. This was a habbit that needed breaking.

Made it all the way to Myshkinko when a conversation arose in the "command" channel. The man claimed to have seen a bus, needing quite a bit of work, sitting in Polana. Tired of running around the map aimlessly, I decided to run from Myshkinko all the way to Polana. Ironic that I no longer wished to run, yet I did based on a suspicious comment. Did I mention this was for a BUS!?! For those of you that don't know, thats a 14 kilometer run, about 45 minutes. It turned out to be an hour, due to other players and scavenging. During my travels I witnessed a murder, a really anti-climactic chase between two players (of which I tried to intervene but the Winchester is useless at range), and stopped for a chat with a couple of survivors.

This made me realize that this is what I really wanted in a survival game. You set your own goals, deal with the problems at hand, and just live in the moment. I found myself completely immersed in the game, something I had longed for in these survival type games. Gone were the days of NVG's and .50 caliber sniper rifles. Suffice to say, I am thoroughly impressed with ShinKicker's work, and I thought I should share my first experience with you all. I hope you have enjoyed the read.
-Cpt0bv1us​
I give you so much credit for writing that long of a story.

Back