NE Base plus other small additions (Originally for Epoch)

UrbanSkaters

Valued Member!
After moving the (Epoch) trader from NE , I decided to make use of the airfield. So I created a base and filled it with AI, the crates you see in the screenshots are generated randomly using scripts (sorry, private server thing). I've also added back tents to Cherno and Berezino, plus some additions to NW and Elektro (nothing major). This is my first map addition, originally for Epoch but can possibly be used in any mod :)

Edit: This is in response to Renegade2k6's reply . As non of my players ever use this runway for landing planes, I assumed you guys didn't either. My bad, so here's a new version with the base off the runway :) I've removed that version altogether from this thread btw :)

2w4wx7r.png

3d Missin File: http://pastebin.com/dVUN32m6

Note: The image was taken before the base was lined up with the tree line etc.. The file has the lined up version, I just didn't have time to take another screenshot.. Have to get to work :)

TOO LAZY to figure out how to edit and install this yourself?
Don't worry, just do this:

1. Cut and paste this: http://pastebin.com/ycC0r3EY into a file called epoch69.sqf
2. Put that file into your mission root, or any custom folder you use for custom files.
3. In your init.sqf file add this line to the very end (or with your other map editions):

Code:
if(isServer) then {  
 execVM "epoch69.sqf"; };

Looks very good but its a complete obstruction of the runway.

Nobody uses that runway on my server, ever, unless they're coming by helicopter. So the story behind the base is that it was set up originally for a medical unit that used helicopters for moving patients in and out (they needed a flat open area, close to power and comms). It was then taken over by bandits. Made a version 2 , just for you :D

Edit: The reason for moving the NE trader from that area was because people purchasing the C130 for example could never get enough speed up on the grass to take off, let alone land it again on that runway.. Those planes aren't cheap either lol

Sorry for the crooked walls and not so lined up buildings.
If anyone wants to help tidy it up, please do. I'm hopeless at keeping things in a straight line :p

An istallation guide is a must here! I installed other map adjustments but they look tottaly different and i don't know what to do with your file! Maybe some clarifications on the installment.

Thanks in advance

Really? I must provide an installation guide and provide clarification.. Well, if you insist.

I apologise if I haven't done all the work for you (no wait, think it was me that spent hours on that map to begin with), but if I'm honest and right now I feel like being honest. You should really learn about the different mission file formats before you even think about customising your own missions, you should really learn how to merge/import other mission file types into your existing missions. Otherwise, how do you know you're even doing it right? How do you even know what you're doing? You could be importing some crazy ass backdoor, or a map full of ammo crates with illegal weapons. You wouldn't have a clue because you don't even know what a 3d mission file is..

Those other examples you've downloaded were pre-cut and pasted for you, like a mother cutting her childs meat up before spoon feeding it to him. Do I look like your mummy ?

Just messing with ya, but you should seriously learn this stuff, it's going to make your life easier:

TOO LAZY to figure out how to edit and install this yourself?
Don't worry, just do this:

1. Cut and paste this: http://pastebin.com/ycC0r3EY into a file called epoch69.sqf
2. Put that file into your mission root, or any custom folder you use for custom files.
3. In your init.sqf file add this line to the very end (or with your other map editions):

Code:
if(isServer) then { 
 execVM "epoch69.sqf"; };

Didn't expect this anwser but as i said before because yours looked different i didn't dare to install it like that. I know what a beidi file is and i've done my share in reading and trying shit but also fucking up shit. Didn't want that to happen anymore. Like beidi and then go to a website and blis it (or whatever) and blalala and then go in the server and realize that the buildings are all crooked. But thanks for your reply! I'll ask my mummy to copy and paste this cause wtf do i know :)

Nah, the secret is this:

1. Always get the original 3d file from the author.
2. Never accept a 2d editor file, those are the ones where everything comes out crooked in the end.
3. Open the 3d editor file , then save it. Look in the mission folder and you'll now have a .sqf .
3a. The beauty of getting the original 3d editor file, is that you can move stuff around if you needed.
4. Open that SQF file and remove all the junk at the top and at the bottom, remove any player objects and date references in-between to.
5. Now you're left with just the objects. Save that file again, add it to your mission folder and load it serverside.
5a. if (isServer) then { execVM "mynewadditions.sqf"; };
6. Job done.. See example below of what I mean by removing the crud from a saved .beidi files .sqf output file.

>>>>>>>>>>>> DELETE ALL THIS PART <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

activateAddons [
];

activateAddons [];
initAmbientLife;
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> STOP HERE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> YOU ONLY NEED TO KEEP THE OBJECTS STARTING _vehicle_0 <<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>> But keep going because there's a few more things to delete <<<<<<

_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Bastion", [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_0 = _this;
_this setDir -119.30221;
_this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
_this setVehicleInit "this setvectorup [0,0,1];";
_this setPos [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093];
};

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Wall2_End", [13731.878, 2942.1497, -0.67625016], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_29 = _this;
_this setPos [13731.878, 2942.1497, -0.67625016];
};

>>>>>>>>>>>> Sometimes you'll see something like this, it's not _vehicle_xx , so delete it <<<<<<<<<<

_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

>>>>>>>>>>> END <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>> DELETE ALL UNITS unless they've been placed as part of the map edition <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_unit_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = _group_0 createUnit ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_W", [13754.735, 2907.4546, 0.0001373291], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_0 = _this;
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
};

>>>>>>>>> END <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["PowGen_Big_EP1", [13758.893, 2894.4548, -0.00012969971], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_30 = _this;
_this setDir -20.498384;
_this setPos [13758.893, 2894.4548, -0.00012969971];
};

>>>>>>> DELETE THIS PART TOO <<<<<

processInitCommands;
runInitScript;
finishMissionInit;

>>>>>>>>>>> NOW YOU'RE READY TO ROCK <<<<<<<<<<
>>>>> SAVE THE FILE AS SOMETHING LIKE my_mapeditions.sqf and call it with execVM "my_mapeditions.sqf"; <<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>> Your finished file should look exactly like this (if you're using the example above): <<<<<<<<<

-----------

_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Bastion", [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_0 = _this;
_this setDir -119.30221;
_this setPos [13697.672, 2894.5037, -2.2388093];
};

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_A_Castle_Wall2_End", [13731.878, 2942.1497, -0.67625016], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_29 = _this;
_this setPos [13731.878, 2942.1497, -0.67625016];
};

_vehicle_2 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["PowGen_Big_EP1", [13758.893, 2894.4548, -0.00012969971], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_30 = _this;
_this setDir -20.498384;
_this setPos [13758.893, 2894.4548, -0.00012969971];
};

Back