[NEED HELP!] 1.7.6 Helicrash customization

Hoplit

Hey guys! I tried to add more helicrashes to my dayz.st server, I think it worked, but the players said they have found like 5 crashed helis, but it didn't smoked, ant there wasn't any loot.

// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (5 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;
I just changed (50 * 60) to (5 * 60)
Someone could help me out?

I was looking into this as well, had the same issue last night after I modified the .sql, found 2 crashes and no loot. This was a private dayz.st server with only me and friends playing at the time.

the 5*60 is just saying that the spawner rolls every 5-60 minutes, change the 0.75 to 0.99 and that will spawn them everytime the spawner rolls, right now they only have a 75% chance of spawning. Also, crashes spawn throughout your server cycle now, not just at the start, so there will be more crashes the longer the server is up.

the 5*60 is just saying that the spawner rolls every 5-60 minutes, change the 0.75 to 0.99 and that will spawn them everytime the spawner rolls, right now they only have a 75% chance of spawning. Also, crashes spawn throughout your server cycle now, not just at the start, so there will be more crashes the longer the server is up.

The *60 is just converting minutes into seconds (The time variable, which is what is used in the crash site script, is in seconds, and it checks every x*60 seconds).

The *60 is just converting minutes into seconds (The time variable, which is what is used in the crash site script, is in seconds, and it checks every x*60 seconds).
Ahh, thank you for correcting me, i wasn't aware. so it checks every 300 seconds or 5 minutes.

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [4, 4, (50 * 20), (15 * 30), 0.95, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

If you change it to look like that....there is a 95% chance of spawning a crash site every 20 minutes......have this EXACT code working on my server.

Ok, I did all of this. And the spawns are great.

But why the hell is the loot table SO messed up?

I am seeing SVD Camo for days and no AS50.

I EVEN SEE M16s AT CRASHES!

Anyone know a fix :?

Been wondering the same thing Big Papa K, gonna see what i can find out about it. Will post if i find somethin.

Been wondering the same thing Big Papa K, gonna see what i can find out about it. Will post if i find somethin.

Got an answer to that one.

Go to server_spawnCrashSite.sqf and change:

_lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

to

_lootTable = ["HeliCrash"];

It's been pulling from those three tables, and Military has a lot of trash if you recall. Haven't been able to find the new location of the loot tables, so am not 100% sure that HeliCrash is pure loot or if it has some trash too. Should be better tho.

Got an answer to that one.

Go to server_spawnCrashSite.sqf and change:

_lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

to

_lootTable = ["HeliCrash"];

It's been pulling from those three tables, and Military has a lot of trash if you recall. Haven't been able to find the new location of the loot tables, so am not 100% sure that HeliCrash is pure loot or if it has some trash too. Should be better tho.

What I did was just change the seconds et of brackets to [15*60]. (that is default ;)) This seemed to return it to normal..for whatever reason. THIS ALSO FIXES THE LACK OF G36!

I do sort of like the loot tables being mixed in, just NOT AS MUCH haha. Anyone know how to just add a LITTLE BIT of the other loottables?

Without playing with the loot tables, don't fully know. Would suggest messing with that loot def formula. Try adding in 3 or so additional "helicrash" citations. IF it treats eachas a separate item, then the selectrandom function would pull from the helicrash table 4 of 6 times and 2 of 6 from the others.

Which change did you make that did it? Thought that _spawnfire = true would have done it to begin with.

Thanks.

I changed the whole code:
Code:
nul = [4, 4, (50 * 20), (15 * 30), 0.95, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

ok, so do I literally just do __lootTable = ["HeliCrash"].....and if I also want militaryt special I do

_lootTable = ["HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"]

????

Will this allow normal Helicrash loot AND things like M240 and stuff?

Military special I -believe- is barracks. IIRC, that includes a lot of trash loot too. The helicrash loot includes the mk48 mod 0. Seeing as they also included g36 weapons, as a player, I'd much prefer the more sure-fire helicrash. Vs trashy loot.

ok. Well I have fixed the problem, and have FANTASTIC loot spawning at my crashes. Not to mention that a lot of them are spawning! YOu guys are welcome to join me at

173.192.200.126:3340

Back