[Need help] Copy pasting a server.

Okay my friend has a server that is fairly popular, 50 out of 50 all the time and its great. Because its so packed we decided to open up a second server, with a couple admins of the first moving over to handle the new one. Only now we are realizing that copy pasting a server does not really apply according to those we have talked to.

The guy who put together the server originally does not want to start again from minute 1.

Is there any way at all to port essentially everything from one server to another? Help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like you want to go rip someones server off, if you have access to the first server (the popular one) and you set that up I am a little lost how you couldn't manage to set up a second one.

what u mean with "everything from one server to another"?!
The whole files "inclusive" the databank? ( created a new database with other names like "server2" and insert the whole files from the first one, or what u mean exactly with that?

I am just an admin on the original server, I did not create it, I am just getting into this and don't know how everything works. The one who made the original has given his permission for the duplicate server. He just does not know how to duplicate it. So I have access to all the files on the original.

I just need to know if there exists a method to create a duplicate server with all mods included. Without having to start from scratch and add in each thing.

I just wanted some help with a problem, not repeatedly answer the same question over and over because I am suspect for a crime that does not exist.

He tried to do this before and couldn't get it to work. He said that " The PBO's are not interchangeable" He said if I could find a way to make it work then he would provide whatever I needed to make it work.

To answer the first guys question Yes. I am fairly certain this qualifies as ripping off someones server. But its intentional and known to both of us, he knows my intentions fully and supports them. If this is not something you guys can get behind then I understand. A guys got to have some morals somewhere.

On the other hand I would appreciate it if you guys would just tell me you don't want to help, or can't rather than make me suspect to an invisible crime. Thank you either way for your time and if anyone CAN help. I would appreciate it 100%

You're telling me the person who runs a full server all the time... doesn't know what to do with his DB, or his pbos?

Major suspect.
... I also run a highly populated server (40+/50) constantly, the thing he wants to know is:
Can he transfer everything from his database to another one. Pbo should not be any problem as you can just change instance id (bliss_****).

And yes, why do you think its major suspect? I do either not know if this works and i want to know this myself because im starting a whitelisted server.
Took me one month to get the server as it stands now, and yes. Its going pretty well by busting all hackers and shit.

If you find something for this Mhkail i would be more than gladly if you could share.

... I also run a highly populated server (40+/50) constantly, the thing he wants to know is:
Can he transfer everything from his database to another one. Pbo should not be any problem as you can just change instance id (bliss_****).

And yes, why do you think its major suspect? I do either not know if this works and i want to know this myself because im starting a whitelisted server.
Took me one month to get the server as it stands now, and yes. Its going pretty well by busting all hackers and shit.

If you find something for this Mhkail i would be more than gladly if you could share.

Absolutely if I find anything at all I will share it with you. If you have skype we can compare notes and I can send you any info I find there.

if the "popular" guy don't know how to do that but know how to add scripts. It sounds suspect.

Duping a database is 100 times easier than to install any custom script....

Google is your friend

Back