New DB schema - suggestion

Sarge

OpenDayZ Guru!
Staff member
Hi all,

some thoughts about the existing DB schema:

What i really desperately miss in the tables is a field that could be used to store object variables ... Doesnt have to be structured, a textfield would be sufficient. Decent size, and what is being done with it is up to the developer.

e.g. if i store vehicles or some buildings on my server, i do store information like "OwnerID"=222222222, "Locked"= true and stuff like this. same applies to buildings.

Now theres 2 ways to do this with the existing db schema:

1. Add a new table, that references the corresponding objects in instance_x,(instance_buildings, instance_vehicles and instance_objects) The table structure would be sth like: ID prim key, reference_table (1=build, 2=vehicle, 3=objects), obj_vars
2. extend the instance_x tables by a textfield.

I went with the first version to keep as close as possible to the existing schema.

Reason i want to store these values is simple -> some objectvariables would be pretty nice to save and restore after a restart.

Parsing of the textfield would for sure be up to the developer, so no structure needed here. No extension to the hiveext.dll as well, manipulation of the objectvariables will need 2 be done by the developer.

First idea, not fully thought through - for custom buildings on the map this will work without a problem, for vehicles and objects, where there is serverside logic to keep them synced, some thoughts are needed.

Thx for considering,

Sarge

Back