New stuff coming :)

So first off. We have been rather quiet these last few weeks. Mainly because of IRL stuff getting a bit busy. We have been preparing the update though :)

We are arranging a dedicated server for the official server so we can maintain 50 players and this server will be where updates happen first (partially for testing) since it is run by the devs. I was the main dev on the server, talking with other players I did get quite a few ideas from their suggestions.

Apart from certain fixes in the update. The will be a few exciting new places in Celle emerging! Places that have been requested a lot by the community plus a few interesting additions which I have been thinking up. My main plan for this current map is to have something to do in different areas. Something to mix up the usual path players take. This also adds more reason to explore around.

I have noticed that the prison has become quite a popular hangout, I will be planning a renovation to the prison to make it a more iconic spot to travel to. This particular update will be announced before release as to give players time to temporarily relocate their bases. Since the fueling spots are a bit scarce there will be some more placed around the map. Along with the local fuel spots there will be a main area especially for industrial loot and fueling, a spot which vehicle owners will flock to.

I have seen some inspiring creativity in other servers which is one reason we left it open as we did. I have also enjoyed watching players recordings this all will help fuel future updates. We know everybody is waiting for is the basebuilding addition. This is still a key addition and we are trying to work out a plan to get it to you guys as soon as possible so please be patient.

When i was running my server i had a cave at the top of the map with some of your ammo crates set up inside if you are leek to take a look i can seen ya file. i found alot of ppl use to go there the only prob i had with it was getting ai to work in there if ya keen to take a look let me know.

Who's code did you use to do that Goat? Be a bit like my NPC code that your main man Mango's stole off me.

i was just using sarg for the ai but was having probs with them thy keep spawning in the rocks and falling in from the roof lol you would get one or 2 that would be ok . the cave i made only took like 12 hours lol. i was using another way to get the ai to spawn but thats when i gave up on dayz lol.
haha mangos has nothing to do with me at all anymore lets just say he is going to learn the hard way about some things:p jump into my ts some time for a catch up.

It is, sorry guys. A lot of stuff popped up leaving no time for the team to work on the mod. Maybe a similar project will start once the standalone is released :)

Well that's a shame. This has been one of the most fun mods I had found to date.

There hasn't been any indication that standalone will even support modding anytime soon so I wouldn't count on that doing anything.

Well that's a shame. This has been one of the most fun mods I had found to date.

There hasn't been any indication that standalone will even support modding anytime soon so I wouldn't count on that doing anything.

Thank bud. I know there's no mention of modding but like most games it will end up being modded :) if it does then it will be a fun project.

It is, sorry guys. A lot of stuff popped up leaving no time for the team to work on the mod. Maybe a similar project will start once the standalone is released :)

Oh, shit, no !!!
Is there absolutely any chance that the team will get back together to put out the aforementioned updates ??

Oh, shit, no !!!
Is there absolutely any chance that the team will get back together to put out the aforementioned updates ??

Well there is someone who is interested in taking it over and continuing Epidemic as he doesn't want to see it die but I'm just waiting for one of the team to contact him.
Currently me and another team member have taken on a new project which is what is taking up a lot of time.

Well there is someone who is interested in taking it over and continuing Epidemic as he doesn't want to see it die but I'm just waiting for one of the team to contact him.
Currently me and another team member have taken on a new project which is what is taking up a lot of time.

Did you have any luck contacting him ?
Will he take over this forum section, or create a new one to differentiate his Epidemic from yours ?

Hopefully. I think there is some talk going on behind the scenes about possibly porting Epidemic to Chernarus or making Epidemic it's own mod, similiar to how Origins is. I know for a fact there has been some talk, but as of now it's only talk. That's all I know and all I'm willing to acknowledge. You can call it a rumor for now.

Any news is good news even if it's just rumour.
I hope they don't convert it to Chernarus. Chernarus is done to death. Celle contributes to Epidemic's unique feel.
Every day there seems to be less and less Epidemic servers, especially on the 1st of every month when the rental cheque is due.

If the new devs are considering abandoning Celle, I would like to suggest using the amazing Napf Map (the one used by 'Unleashed'). The entire southern area of the map could be walled off to create a massive area of 'Sanctuarys'.

Back