Not able to add custom buildings via .sqf

Ever0n

I'm trying to create a few custom areas for my server and implement them via various .sqf scripts, however so far every attempt has been hopeless. Each time everything loads, but in-game none of the buildings are there.

I've tried the other two methods, database and .sqm and both work; it is just the .sqf method that I haven't got to work yet. I've had a look around at some of the other similar scripts and mine are formatted the same and called correctly, but nothing is appearing.

Anyone have any ideas?

1. shut server down
  2. go into your server ftp and delete your RPT file
  3. restart server and join
  4. once in game exit. (you have to load all the way into the game for it to load everything.)
  5. go to server ftp and copy your RPT file.
  6. post it here.
Do this cause it is working find on my test server. here is a picture.

also post your init file.

Ever0n, this may sound silly and redundant but try renaming it 'adminbase' instead of 'admin_base' when you call it in your Init and see if that changes anything

Ever0n, this may sound silly and redundant but try renaming it 'adminbase' instead of 'admin_base' when you call it in your Init and see if that changes anything

I already tried that, most if not all of my other custom scripts have an _ in them and they all work perfectly. Its just building ones that don't want to work.

You are right That IS silly. Tell him to first double check that his file is in a folder called custom and that both the folder and name of file are spelled correctly.. Then call it like you normally would above only make sure it is at the very bottom of your init and put a space between the end of the init and your building exec..

You are right That IS silly. Tell him to first double check that his file is in a folder called custom and that both the folder and name of file are spelled correctly.. Then call it like you normally would above only make sure it is at the very bottom of your init and put a space between the end of the init and your building exec..

Already done all of that, still nothing.

Hi everyone,

I have problem with some sqf files of forts I made. I also was trying to insert some that I found Kaysio has done with train_wreck ect. I have a survival server and started it with modified files done by kaysio and tried to add these sqf into the /buildings folder in mission.pbo. I also added these to the init file. I boot up fine but no buildings. I just deleted the Arma2oeserver.rpt and rebooted and have that downloaded and the script for the added forts.

Am I missing another place to reference these files. I'm just starting in scripts so a real noob.

thanks in advance Gramps

PS. a fan of Keysio lol

1) They are only referenced once, and for you it would have been in the INIT of your mission pbo.

2) Everyone here will be just grasping at straws unless you pastebin, or upload a copy of

1) the building sqfs you used
2) the mission's INIT you used
3) the mission pbo itself (which would contain everything)

always make sure to remove the player and the sides and the centers in the scripts.

Code:
_unit_2 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["US_Soldier_EP1", [2183.9658, 12837.793, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_2 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};

};

make sure to check your others scripts for this too. cause any script with it still in there will not let other scripts after it load.

always make sure to remove the player and the sides and the centers in the scripts.

Code:
_unit_2 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = _group_0 createUnit ["US_Soldier_EP1", [2183.9658, 12837.793, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_unit_2 = _this;

_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;

if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};

if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};

if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};

};

make sure to check your others scripts for this too. cause any script with it still in there will not let other scripts after it load.

Thanks Kash I deleted that and did check the other scripts but still nothing loads from parishilton on down so must be somthing else still don't know how to show my pbo on this forum sorry not mr wizard on some things lol

Back