NPC Radios

Aleksander

Hi Sarge and all,

I've been running Sarge AI on my server for a while and it works flawlessly, just as it should. I've also made significant adjustments to the AI in regards to positioning, movement, ability, etc. and players just love it. I am curious about the radios that the leaders carry, however, as I haven't been able to find much information regarding them.

I believe I read in the original thread that the radios are used to run some of the tactical components, like ambush and fortify (though I can't find where I read that now). Are the radios used for anything else? If a player picks one up, can they use it for anything - listening in on NPC communication or to issue commands, or are they completely useless to players?

Thanks a ton for all of your work and continued support Sarge. This truly has added a whole new level of enjoyment for many players and server owners.

--Aleksander/Skye* --www.dayzinfection.com

Hi Aleks,

the radios have no specific purpose at the moment. They are already there because they WILL have a purpose in the future - one example: players might get informed about AI positions and special AI events via the radio that they took from an AI leader.

cheers, Sarge

I thought it would be an amazing idea to be able to tune a radio from 1 to 99 and speak to other people on those frequencies, radio surfing a bit and you might catch players in the area :) That would be a great feature. Click the radio, input 2 numbers and it stays there on a RADIO channel

Back