Open Beta - Download!

Krixes

Staff member
DayZ Epidemic has went into full open beta.

Files and installation can be found here.
http://www.dayzepidemic.tk/

The rules on the Official server are PvE related.

No stealing players gear / vehicles.
No PvP.
No hoarding vehicles.

If you can abide by those rules you are free to play on the Official Server. There will be a PvP server opening sometime shortly and I will post the details for it.

If this proves to be a success files are coming to DayZ Commander, I have already spoken to the Dev team. The server files will also be released shortly and you will have a chance to host your own servers. I will be in contact with DayZ.ST and HFB to make the mod available for their clients.

Really looking forward to be able to run an Epidemic server so will be keen to get a hold of those server files;)

i have tested it today for a few hours ^^
some things which bothered me...
there were no vehicles on the server...
many lootplaces like barns etc were empty...
i couldnt step over or jump over the fences... dont know if its mod or map related... never had this issue before.. but i also never played celle before so i cant tell if its the mod or the map ^^

there was a player calld dragon on the server too... we talked a bit about this... he said he will also report these things to you...

running there on your server... on a new unknown map... in the night... (started about 01:00 ingame time)... with nothing...
finally found a lee enfield... killed some AI Bandits at the damaged bridge and took their gear ^^
walked up to the northern airfield... run into a group of 10 npc...
opened fire on them... like before... died like a noob ^^

will come back later and take revenge ^^

i have tested it today for a few hours ^^
some things which bothered me...
there were no vehicles on the server...
many lootplaces like barns etc were empty...
i couldnt step over or jump over the fences... dont know if its mod or map related... never had this issue before.. but i also never played celle before so i cant tell if its the mod or the map ^^

there was a player calld dragon on the server too... we talked a bit about this... he said he will also report these things to you...

running there on your server... on a new unknown map... in the night... (started about 01:00 ingame time)... with nothing...
finally found a lee enfield... killed some AI Bandits at the damaged bridge and took their gear ^^
walked up to the northern airfield... run into a group of 10 npc...
opened fire on them... like before... died like a noob ^^

will come back later and take revenge ^^

Thanks for taking the time to comment bud! Really appreciate it. :)

Lack there-of, of vehicles is a known issue. We have 143 vehicle spawn locations on map but with the AirRaids bombing town consistently the vehicles get blown up. We sometimes forget to respawn them when we start the server. We will also be adding more vehicle spawns as a lot of players say there is not enough. This is an easy to do thing. :)

The barns being empty is bizarre as every building including hand placed ones and including any new buildings on Celle 2 has been hand placed by myself. There may have been a tad bit of lag on the server from not being restarted in a while as I have been busy doing IRL stuff.

The fence issue I noticed myself as well. I believe it has to do with the map Celle2. We did not have an issue when we first started on Ovaron. Of course as I said before we will port the mod to whatever map people are willing to host. :)

Anyways, have fun and enjoy the mod! :)

ok mate... here is what i found out now...
the fence problem only exists with the hazmat suite...
i had the problems when i was wearing one...
i was on your server again... had no suite on... and had no problems to jump/step over the fences so far...

with the suite i also had some problems on the stairs in the firestations for example... was very hard to get on another floor... couldnt get on the 2nd floor from the stair... and then couldnt get on the 3rd floor from the stair...always falling/sliding back down...

i guess this suite needs some more testing though =)

oh and do you think its possible to add some kind of altitude meter to the initial halo jump?
especially when you enter the server at night it could be hard to get the right moment to opening the parachute...

i was on your server again... had no suite on... and had no problems to jump/step over the fences so far...

with the suite i also had some problems on the stairs in the firestations for example... was very hard to get on another floor... couldnt get on the 2nd floor from the stair... and then couldnt get on the 3rd floor from the stair...always falling/sliding back down...

oh and do you think its possible to add some kind of altitude meter to the initial halo jump?
especially when you enter the server at night it could be hard to get the right moment to opening the parachute...

Ah, I see. Can you post the bugs you find here on my bug tracker?

https://code.google.com/p/dayz-epidemic/issues/list

Makes it a bit easier to keep track of them. :)

I do kind of agree with the halo jump, I came onto the server when it was foggy and I had like a split second to pull the chute. But then I think it might ruin the feel of the halo jump with an altitude meter.

Dude ich love your launcher :)
But do me a favor, my eyes are bleeding from the blue. Switch it to a grey or something else.

With regards to the launcher, a couple of my friends can't launch the game they keep getting errors, i'll ask them again and see what the errors where and get back to you. I still have no problem with the launcher so not sure what's up for themo_O

With regards to the launcher, a couple of my friends can't launch the game they keep getting errors, i'll ask them again and see what the errors where and get back to you. I still have no problem with the launcher so not sure what's up for themo_O
It might just be a problem with the location of the files? :) If there is any more details we can help a bit more.

Well i come back from work and ask my friends what there issues where and apparently everything is now sorted out and they have managed to get online into the test server so it's all good :)

http://imgur.com/cnsacAG
The launcher doesnt work for me. I manually enabled the expansion and searched for epidemic.

Edit: Ok, so the launcher needs to be in you OA folder for it to work. Still, you should post the password. Not everyone likes launchers (like me) :)

Also, are we allowed to stream this?

http://imgur.com/cnsacAG
The launcher doesnt work for me. I manually enabled the expansion and searched for epidemic.

Edit: Ok, so the launcher needs to be in you OA folder for it to work. Still, you should post the password. Not everyone likes launchers (like me) :)

Also, are we allowed to stream this?

You sure are allowed to stream it. Have fun! :)

Sorry for the late replies I have been busy.

The password will be removed when we hit commander. The launcher goes bye bye then anyways. We are just waiting for a few things to get finished then mod will be on commander. Server files will be released as well.

Having a few issues with the launcher and the website it self..
1. I have done what the instructions told me to do. Comes up an error saying unable to start application.
2. For your website.... You might want to change this Krixes mod thing I dont know if you renamed it for yourself but im pretty sure the download says DayZ epidemic- Masterpack.

If im wrong on number two you might want to redirect a download link to the krixes mod...

Many thanks.

The mod used to be called DayZ Krixes, way back when it first started. That installation video is from that time before we changed the name to DayZ Epidemic. The process is just about the same as that video.

We will be working on a new installation video soon, also the launcher is going to become obsolete very soon when we release on DayZ Commander.

Just need to bear with the last little bit here as we get everything set. :)

Back