Origins Server 1.71+ 1.785 miniClient

i have seen it and after the first problems deaktivatet.
i have not so much time in the next weeks, i will look later for it.

MDark, u know how to make that Ural on Sector B with restarting server spawn in different locations on the sector B? As in the original Origins Mod? Need 2 random spawn place on sector B

Hello.

I have a question depending on installation. i ran a origins server before and the part given by MajorPainage i fully understand. however the part where i have to install the so called version 4 (the two 7z.html ) html files i do not understand.

here is wat i did so far
i freshly installed arma II and operation arrowhead.
i made a new folder and put arma II operation arrowhead in it along with addons from arma II.
then according to the manual i installed the latest origin (1.7.8.5) in it like you normally would do.
then change use the file MDark provided named “-dayz_1.origins.tavi” unpack and put it in the server and use the pbo thingy on it.

after that i used the sql files you provided and import them to my sql server (witch is right configed do not worry about that)

then normally you sort of done by that time and you join the server but when i wanna join it says wrong version
i use dayz commander version 17.8.5.

so my main question
how should it be done right because i CANNOT open the 2 files with either 7z (newest version) nor winrar. please give me guidance what i did wrong because i really want to get back intro the dayz origins mod now its finally getting back alive

you need both files in the same folder and open the first with 7zip.
After extract use the readme.txt.

html is only the link for download, after the download it should *.7z.001

you can activate in your windows/systemsettings/folderoptions the file extension, thats help ;)
but you must rightklick on the first file and can, when you have installed 7zip, open the archiv and extract it.

wat folder because i do not see where you have to open
i stuck them both in a folder on my desktop and then it wos NO as you can see on the next img
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1wkmu6h91jfczr/no work.png

maybe i missed a part but i do not see where els i have to put it
You open 7-zip, navigate to the folder you provided in your image, And Extract one of the files. They are paired so if you cant extract one extract the other. You said you "then change use the file MDark provided named “-dayz_1.origins.tavi” unpack and put it in the server" and followed up with "how should it be done right because i CANNOT open the 2 files with either 7z (newest version) nor winrar" which leads me to believe you moved the vehicle fix and updated sql file and expected The game to work. Those are updates to mdark's original changes

you can activate in your windows/systemsettings/folderoptions the file extension, thats help ;)
but you must rightklick on the first file and can, when you have installed 7zip, open the archiv and extract it.

Sorry what???? where can i find this “windows/systemsettings/folderoptions”? in 7zip or in windows??.
if its in 7zip then it still doesn't work as i will show in the next image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f41mowywf71bcyz/prob.png

the images on the left are the results when i extract the files.
the image on the center is the file extension of 7zip as you see they are all enabled.

@Turokas
yes i did. i just installed the server how you would normally install the server and then add the updated files MDark provided. named “new Fix for Exploding Vehicles” and “vehicle update” forum names).
this means i never used the 2 files named “Version 4” (forum name).
and yes as you said i simply applyed the files to my server

full setup i did
fresh Arma II and arrowhead in 1 folder with some fancy name you give it yourself
add the filed from https://github.com/MajorPainage/Origins1.7.1
then add the map called “@DayzOrigins” (Downloaded from dayzocommander (version i downloaded is 1.7.8.5))
and put it in the server folder.
**I also changed the config files so it haves access to my SQL database
then i used the files MDark posted above
“new Fix for Exploding Vehicles” unpacked and put in the server folder.
i also used the PBO manager on it since normally this is required
“vehicle update” import in the SQL database (i also imported the SQL files provided by MajorPainage)
then i simply start the server and you get a cmd opend up and after a few sec you see the server launcher of arma poping up aswell.

then i launch my 1.7.8.5 client and when i like to join it says incorrect version
(nothing is edit or add like launch scripts its just vanilla origins)

and that brings me here because if you guys get it to work i would like to know what i did wrong.
i think its something to do with the 2 files i am unable to open.

maybe a smart idea is to use github for this so the progress may become easier for others that are not so skilled in arma servers.
also a How to install would become helpfull

Thanks for your support so far to me and to the community

your downloadet files looks to small. please redownload both and rightklick on the first.
at the contextmenu use 7zip>open.
this should work.

Version 4 are the server and and clientfiles what you need to run the server.

The fix is only the small fixed Server but not the config nor the Database or the Client what run with this Server.

Sorry what???? where can i find this “windows/systemsettings/folderoptions”? in 7zip or in windows??.
if its in 7zip then it still doesn't work as i will show in the next image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f41mowywf71bcyz/prob.png

the images on the left are the results when i extract the files.
the image on the center is the file extension of 7zip as you see they are all enabled.

@Turokas
yes i did. i just installed the server how you would normally install the server and then add the updated files MDark provided. named “new Fix for Exploding Vehicles” and “vehicle update” forum names).
this means i never used the 2 files named “Version 4” (forum name).
and yes as you said i simply applyed the files to my server

full setup i did
fresh Arma II and arrowhead in 1 folder with some fancy name you give it yourself
add the filed from https://github.com/MajorPainage/Origins1.7.1
then add the map called “@DayzOrigins” (Downloaded from dayzocommander (version i downloaded is 1.7.8.5))
and put it in the server folder.
**I also changed the config files so it haves access to my SQL database
then i used the files MDark posted above
“new Fix for Exploding Vehicles” unpacked and put in the server folder.
i also used the PBO manager on it since normally this is required
“vehicle update” import in the SQL database (i also imported the SQL files provided by MajorPainage)
then i simply start the server and you get a cmd opend up and after a few sec you see the server launcher of arma poping up aswell.

then i launch my 1.7.8.5 client and when i like to join it says incorrect version
(nothing is edit or add like launch scripts its just vanilla origins)

and that brings me here because if you guys get it to work i would like to know what i did wrong.
i think its something to do with the 2 files i am unable to open.

maybe a smart idea is to use github for this so the progress may become easier for others that are not so skilled in arma servers.
also a How to install would become helpfull

Thanks for your support so far to me and to the community

Ok.. The updated files are "NOT" the files required to get MajorPainage's Files to work. This thread is based of that project with changes done by mdark. That being said, You absolutely have to have the files titled version 4, not Major Painage's files, but the updated ones posted here by MDark. I'm sorry for not wording that better at first. Basicaly forget the github, everything you need is here. As for extraction problems, I cant read German or Dutch much less tell the difference between the 2, so Id just follow Mdarks instructions above. The picture titled yolo 2 is normal as that is part 2 of the zip. Hope that helps

Well i got the server running after redownloading the files.
So now the server works.

However i noticed scrap apc doesn't spawn. Is this not add yet.

Also another question where can i remove the yellow guys health? because hes becoming annoying since people can't kill him (easy enough)

Please notify us when you updated the files

Last edited:
Back